Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlotte Meck Police shoot man looking for help after near deadly car wreck.

151 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't think someone that is acquitted, especially a cop or a wannabe cop, means that they were justified.

Especially cops.

2 people like this

Posted

I would agree with that... you can follow all the rules and still be wrong.

Posted

I simply put that out there because his actions to the lady and the LEOs was so bizarre. How about this. If the tox report comes back clean...nothing's changed. The officer still messed up big time. But if the tox report comes back showing something...guess what...nothing's changed. The officer still messed up big time, BUT there will be a new question in the mind of everyone here that's completely convinced 100% that it was unjustified that maybe...just maybe the dude did act a fool and come at them. Nothing's changed.

I asked a question...never really got an answer. What if the killing shot was only 1 bullet.

The Ferrel would still be dead & there would be slightly less evidence of how poor the cop's job skills are.

Now then, who is saying he didn't approach the cops?

Posted

I don't think someone that is acquitted, especially a cop or a wannabe cop, means that they were justified.

Especially cops.

It is probably like a lot of other things where there are CYA rules, but at the end of the day, you are still wrong

Posted

This certainly wreaks of an aggressive cop using excessive force. 

However, if the autopsy reveals that the victim of the shooting was intoxicated or on drugs, the cop easily could have the charges dismissed and my opinion on the matter may change as well. 

Posted

I don't think he gets more than 5 years in jail...

Posted

If the tox report comes back and proves he was high, it still does not change the fact that the three cops should have been able to subdue him without shooting him.  The only way I see that is if he got one of their guns in the struggle

2 people like this

Posted

If the tox report comes back and proves he was high, it still does not change the fact that the three cops should have been able to subdue him without shooting him.  The only way I see that is if he got one of their guns in the struggle

yep.

even if he'd shot the guy once and killed him, it wouldn't change anything, the victim would still be dead and the cop's fate would probably be the same, but the fact that he unloaded 12 rounds elevates  his status from fatefully irresponsible in a tense situation to gratuitously raging moron.

1 person likes this

Posted

*sigh*

Being high does not waive your rights as a human being

Posted

So the man who is probably confused and disorientated because maybe he had severe brain trauma ran 1/2 mile to a house screaming for help, sees the police pulling up, runs toward them seeking help is shot 10 times after being tazed?

I am pretty sure after being tazered and then on the 2 shot he had to have been on the ground.  I bet he was on the ground after being tazed!  And then was shot 10 times.  Pretty fugging fugged up.  That cop should get the death penalty....

Posted

So the man who is probably confused and disorientated because maybe he had severe brain trauma ran 1/2 mile to a house screaming for help, sees the police pulling up, runs toward them seeking help is shot 10 times after being tazed?

I am pretty sure after being tazered and then on the 2 shot he had to have been on the ground.  I bet he was on the ground after being tazed!  And then was shot 10 times.  Pretty fugging fugged up.  That cop should get the death penalty....

the important thing to take away from all this is that the police officer did in fact try to use his tazer first, for which he should be commended. i hope we can all keep this in consideration moving forward

Posted

I just want to clarify a few things that people are apparently missing. The cop missed with the taser, so the guy was never actually tased. Additionally, it was a different officer who fired the taser than the one who fired his side arm 12 times. 

The conspiracy theorist in me wants me to believe that no one actually fired a taser before the moron gunned this poor guy down. That's all some made-up bullshit in an attempt to make this a somewhat justified shooting in order to protect one of their own. 

2 people like this