Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

You wanna know why we won't sign Kerry Rhodes? :/

Best Answer I Mean He Was Found Guilty, 16 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

Please do not bring religion and Christianity into this. Especially when you know nothing of it. Don't even respond to me.

But to Rhodes. The fact that he's gay is his choice. Theres nothing wrong With our nfl players if they aren't comfortable with that. Media makes out people like me to be a bad person just bc I don't believe in it and they do.
Do I go throwing rocks and taking pitchforks to gay people? No of course not. But do I want to be associated ad have my family kids brothers little children around that lifestyle? No sir I do not. Just the same way that i don't want my family around a bunch of drunks or druggies. I don't think I'm any better than these people. Just how I feel. And sounds like most of the Nfl dosent wanna be associated with him. Which is not their problem or fault.

le110CV.gif

Go to the full post

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

#61 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,718 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

Time to be real....

Answering a question with we don't run in the same circles....is an easy way to simply avoid the topic/question.

Repeating it? 3 times? Well, you can spin what that means to suit whatever stance you want him to have on it.

So what does this all mean? Smith talks a lot....would be best of he didn't confirm any side someone thinks he is on. He talks a lot though....so he might confirm what he did or didn't mean

#62 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,308 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

If they had problems with gay guys looking at them, they should also have problems with straight guys looking at them.

gender isn't the issue.

#63 Coheed

Coheed

Loves Jon Beason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

If Smith said this in the context that is implied, I've lost a tremendous amount of respect for him.

#64 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,409 posts

Also, if Smith is basically outing another player before that player is ready I would lose enormous amounts of respect for him.

I'm trying to pretend he meant something else. This would be just as bad as punching a teammate IMO maybe worse.

#65 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,816 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

To say I'm a homophobe or close minded bc I don't believe in it is not right.

do I want to be associated ad have my family kids brothers little children around that lifestyle? No sir I do not. Just the same way that i don't want my family around a bunch of drunks or druggies.

"i'm not a homophobe or anything, but seriously, i'm afraid to have my family around "it" or anything just like i don't want my kid hanging out with murderers. these are the exact same thing"

#66 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,867 posts

Chubs, if you think the Panthers shouldn't sign any NFL players if they break the rules of the Bible, you realize 95% of the league is gone right?

#67 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

once you realize that it's not a choice. that they are born that way, just like how we are born straight. you will begin to realize that the rest of what you just said is very, very dumb.

Please tell me how they are born this way. Would love to hear it. Your born knowing nothing. It's what your surrounded by and how your brought up that shaped your life. Don't gimme this bull.

#68 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,718 posts

Time to be real....

Answering a question with we don't run in the same circles....is an easy way to simply avoid the topic/question.

Repeating it? 3 times? Well, you can spin what that means to suit whatever stance you want him to have on it.

So what does this all mean? Smith talks a lot....would be best of he didn't confirm any side someone thinks he is on. He talks a lot though....so he might confirm what he did or didn't mean

Him repeating it 3 times probably means they persisted in asking him the same question 3 times.

#69 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,725 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

If gay people want to play football as their profession, then they should have at it like any other profession.  Every other factory worker, doctor, lawyer, bus driver or whatever does not get to choose with whom they'd like to work or to make sure people unlike them are the only ones they want around. (unless of course they play that loud techno music crap)

Again, I don't know who the heck some Dator guy is nor do I know what Smith said, but just in general, you don't have to agree with someone to work with them

#70 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,733 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Fugs sake people it's not a choice when will people get this through their heads?

Just because you choose to act straight so your family won't disown you for being a closet gay doesnt mean all the other gays are also willing to live a lie to save face.

#71 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Chubs, if you think the Panthers shouldn't sign any NFL players if they break the rules of the Bible, you realize 95% of the league is gone right?

Didn't say any of this. But I'm not gonna blame Steve smith if he's not comfortable with it. Why should he have to be.

#72 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,816 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

trucatzfan, come on dowwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

#73 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,643 posts

Ok I will

Someone ask Steve Smith if Kerry was gay, and he said, "I don't know, we don't run in the same circles". 

You posted a comment that someone else said they heard or read Smith say.  We are getting the comment third hand (and thats being generous), so until we can see what was actually said, we can all make up our guesses as to what that meant, if it was actually said in the first place. 

This makes the most sense of any post in this thread.  No one knows what the context was, but that doesn't keep most of you from assuming that Smitty is saying he won't run in the same circles as Rhodes, when in fact he said they don't (at least, as reported by James). 

If the announcers asked Smith want he thought of Rhodes being signed, does "We don't run in the same circles" seem like an appropriate response?  What about whether he would play on the same team as Rhodes?  Again, that answer doesn't make a lot of sense.

But, if they asked about something of a personal nature regarding Rhodes, suddenly the answer reported makes sense.

Y'all are arguing about something that was never said, and in the process making Smith out to be homophobic.  That's not really fair to him, is it?

#74 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,718 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

They could still probly play football, they just wouldn't be getting paid and they'd be wearing chains.

#75 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,532 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

I guess Chub's doesn't mind bringing his kids and family to the game to watch and be around "gangstas" (which the NFL has plenty of) because that life-style has proven to be so admirable and wholesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com