Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Short 2011 Draft Review

45 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

That's what I'm afraid of. If that is the case, we need to split ways right now. There will never be a day where an athletic QB is successful consistently. NFL defenses are just too fast and too smart.

Um. There was this guy named Steve Young. He was athletic. I also remember him being pretty successful.

Posted · Report post

We drafted Cam. He's our quarterback.

For all the motherfuckers out there who have a problem with that, deal with it or find a new team.

Posted · Report post

It's too early to say cam's not a pocket passer but he's been doing good so far 3td's and 1int and 60% completion if im correct

Posted · Report post

Guys like Steve Young and John Elway were athletic to be sure.  Yet those qualities weren't their main attributes.  They were trump cards.  Steve Young career wise has the best quarterback rating I believe at over 90%.  The guy could throw the ball.  When you look at Cam's stats, he hasn't thrown for over 300 yards since the Bears game in his rookie year.  I find things like that to be a little strange.

Posted · Report post

It's too early to say cam's not a pocket passer but he's been doing good so far 3td's and 1int and 60% completion if im correct

0-2

Posted · Report post

I'm looking at Green warming up, arguably already the best receiver in the game. I'm thinking did we make the right choice here?

Did Calvin Johnson pull a Barry Sanders? What am I missing?

Posted · Report post

0-2

Sarcasm?

Posted · Report post

0-2

Rivera.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

37/61, 60.7% completion rate and 354 yards for 5.8 yards per attempt. 3 TDs to 1 INT. Sacked seven times.

In two games. Definitely a bad passer... 

I just don't get this fanbase sometimes. SACKED SEVEN TIMES hard to throw from your back.

Posted · Report post

Did Calvin Johnson pull a Barry Sanders? What am I missing?

I think an argument could be made for AJ.

Posted · Report post

Dalton already has sailed 2 passes high on third down situations. INACCURATE

Posted · Report post

Guys like Steve Young and John Elway were athletic to be sure.  Yet those qualities weren't their main attributes.  They were trump cards.  Steve Young career wise has the best quarterback rating I believe at over 90%.  The guy could throw the ball.  When you look at Cam's stats, he hasn't thrown for over 300 yards since the Bears game in his rookie year.  I find things like that to be a little strange.

He threw for over 300yds in three games last year...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/13994/year/2012/cam-newton

2 people like this