Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matthias

Short 2011 Draft Review

45 posts in this topic

37/61, 60.7% completion rate and 354 yards for 5.8 yards per attempt. 3 TDs to 1 INT. Sacked seven times.

In two games. Definitely a bad passer... 

I just don't get this fanbase sometimes. SACKED SEVEN TIMES hard to throw from your back.

Did Calvin Johnson pull a Barry Sanders? What am I missing?

I think an argument could be made for AJ.

Dalton already has sailed 2 passes high on third down situations. INACCURATE

Guys like Steve Young and John Elway were athletic to be sure.  Yet those qualities weren't their main attributes.  They were trump cards.  Steve Young career wise has the best quarterback rating I believe at over 90%.  The guy could throw the ball.  When you look at Cam's stats, he hasn't thrown for over 300 yards since the Bears game in his rookie year.  I find things like that to be a little strange.

He threw for over 300yds in three games last year...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/13994/year/2012/cam-newton

2 people like this

Is this thread gif approved yet? Ohwell, it is now.

Guys like Steve Young and John Elway were athletic to be sure.  Yet those qualities weren't their main attributes.  They were trump cards.  Steve Young career wise has the best quarterback rating I believe at over 90%.  The guy could throw the ball.  When you look at Cam's stats, he hasn't thrown for over 300 yards since the Bears game in his rookie year.  I find things like that to be a little strange.

how is it possible somebody can get so many things factually wrong within the course of one post

AT THE CURRENT SHTTY RATE, Cam will have 24 TDs to 8 INTs with 2,832 yards off of 296/488 and 56 SACKS!

That's if he doesn't get hot anytime this year. No good games. I don't see that happening. Having your QB sacked 56 times in a season is absolutely unacceptable and is a coaching/management failure completely. 

AT THE CURRENT SHTTY RATE, Cam will have 24 TDs to 8 INTs with 2,832 yards off of 296/488 and 56 SACKS!

That's if he doesn't get hot anytime this year. No good games. I don't see that happening. Having your QB sacked 56 times in a season is absolutely unacceptable and is a coaching/management failure completely. 

As bad as our O-line is, some of those sacks that went down Sunday was because Cam was a statue in the pocket. (Until a defender got a hand on him, then he would move)  Cam has to be able to manuever in the pocket, that's actually what being a pocket passer is all about.