125 replies to this topic

#91 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:36 AM

Why would a fan of any team ever hope their team loses?

If this is indicative of the Panthers fanbase you will be a sub par team for as long as the team lasts.

edited to add

Bills fans may despair but they never wish bad luck upon their team - what a bunch of spoiled pathetic crybabies. Youve gotten soft with your acc basketball wins.

Shutup these are panther problems, crawl back to your pathetic waste of cyber space. Trust me I know that forum sucks, that's why you spend so much time here.

#92 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,647 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:37 AM

picking up great players after losing is great, but i would never deliberately tank to get them. that's just awful culture and it does affect players still on the roster.

absolutely right.

contract negotiations come up. no one wants to stay.

we need an upgrade somewhere and need a vet brought in. no one wants to come.

losing culture begets losing records.

#93 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:40 AM

Figures that Dash Global created this dumpster fire of a thread.

Hell no, losing is never acceptable. We're trying to rid ourselves of this mentality, not embrace it.

One could argue that a loss will do just that. Addition by subtraction my friend. I'll be in the stands cheering hard for a win, but If Gettleman announced Rivera would be fired if we lose then that changes things. This place would become the happiest place it has ever been after a loss.

#94 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:45 AM

One could argue that a loss will do just that. Addition by subtraction my friend. I'll be in the stands cheering hard for a win, but If Gettleman announced Rivera would be fired if we lose then that changes things. This place would become the happiest place it has ever been after a loss.

Some people dont understand addition by subtraction. 

Allowing RR to keep his job is essentially saying you / the organization is ok with losing and zero accountability. 

#95 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:48 AM

No way I want us to lose! I want us to go on a 14 game win streak and have the bye. :)

#96 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:56 AM

No way I want us to lose! I want us to go on a 14 game win streak and have the bye. :)

I want us to get some elite coaches. If that means losing now so be it. 

#97 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:59 AM

I want us to get some elite coaches. If that means losing now so be it.

We've been losing for far too long. I want us to win now. The season is far from over. Only 2 games in. Lets see what happens Sunday.

#98 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,637 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:19 AM

Yeah I paid all this money for tickets a nd want them to lose on Sunday. I don't understand this ignorant logic. You play to win always and if Rivera isn't the right guy he will be gone like Lovey was after a 10-6 season. You don't have to be 1-15 tofire a coach and those who think Richardson fires someone after 3 games should know he has never done that.

#99 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,637 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:23 AM

I love how most of the guys wanting to lose have little to nothing invested like PSLs. Easy to say sitting home watching TV. I will be at the game rooting like hell win or lose.

#100 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:30 AM

If it means Rivera is gone at the bye, then yes, I don't mind us losing.  While I was watching the Bills game, I was bored stiff with this offense.  Late in the third quarter, I could care less if we won or lost that game to be honest.  That's why when the Bills marched down the field and scored that touchdown, like everyone knew they would, I wasn't angry at all.  Why?  Because our offense is so inept, that even if we won the Bills game, we still ain't making the playoffs with this schedule and sorry offense.  So, who cares.

#101 Bob NC

Bob NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:35 AM

I can't believe there are 'fans' that actually want their team to lose.  These aren't real fans.

Did the Red Sox have fans in their decades long quest for a title?  They didn't have namby pamby spineless fair weather complainers as fans. 

Honestly, if you don't want to root for a team, why even bother watching football.  It's easy to be a fan if you are in the playoffs every year.

Check out the record of the home football team I rooted for from grade school thru high school:

4-8

8-4

3-10

4-10

4-10

2-12

6-8

3-11

5-9

7-7

3-11

That's the New England Patriots record for 11 years.

And speaking of crappy coaches, boy were the fans happy to get rid of that poor excuse of a coach, Pete Carroll, after losing a playoff game to the Jacksonville Jaguars in 98.

Fair weather fans disgust me.  Crawl back under a rock and root for the super bowl winner every year.

#102 NavyPF4L

NavyPF4L

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:41 AM

Dash just go jump off a bridge but please leave your jersey behind. I'm sorry I could care less what kind of so called logic you have in that brain of yours but damn if I wanna stand beside such a fair weather fan on Sunday... please leave your jersey for someone that deserves to wear it.

#103 stratopanther

stratopanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationCentral VA

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

Quite the fan some of you are.  Keep in mind the Giants fans wanted Coughlin fired when they started 0-2 on their first recent super bowl run.  Idiots.  And so are some of ya'll.  Is Rivera as good of a coach as Coughlin?  No.  But try to use a little perspective here and realize that the season is not lost as much as some of you hope it is.  I feel wanting your team to lose any game is reprehensible...but thats just me.

#104 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:03 AM   Best Answer

This thread makes me want to vomit.

#105 CardiacCat

CardiacCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:31 AM

TBH, I figured we would be 8-8 give or take 1.

I had us losing to Hawks and beating Bils.

I also had us losing to Giants and then beating ARZ, RAMS, VIkes and Bucs.

Losing our whole Secondary has me thinking we will do worse...... Even though those guys pretty much suck anyways, IDK what to expect, but whatever the outcome, I will be cheering for our squad.

Indeed....  I'll be cheering (even though I will be sitting in one of the nicest concert halls in Europe at that point - Concertgebouw Amsterdam).

Would Sam Mills ever want us to lose a game ??  Yeah, I dont think so either... KEEP POUNDING !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com