#1 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,201 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:16 AM

So I sprung at the midnight release.
I planned on playing until the wee hours of the morning and then keep playing.

However, as I've mentioned before, I cut the cable back in November. I don't have an internet connection at home; I only use my phone.

The game requires me to update my ps3 firmware before playing. Ok, that sucks, but problem solved! (or so I thought). I would just connect it to the tv in my vehicle and update from a relative's driveway. I found the original box for my ps3 and took out the composite A/V cables. I unplugged the HDMI cable and tested it to see if it works. Great, it does.
Then I crawled behind my whole A/V center and unplugged the power cable. I carried everything to my vehicle and tested the power inverter in my vehicle. The little red light came on. I pressed the power button. Nothing. It doesn't have enough juice to power a PS3. Well that's just great.

My next idea was to turn my phone into a wi-fi hotspot. Well everything worked great, except that for whatever reason, I can't connect to playstation network.

Oh well; I'll get it going tomorrow.

#2 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,698 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

In short. It's fugging amazing

#3 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,201 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

Yep, got it going earlier today. The control scheme for combat is very similar to Red Dead, which is a good thing. An exception would be a repo mission where I punched out a few gunmen before I realized I had a pistol and a shotgun.

Haven't played much yet, but there seems to be an endless run of missions and side missions right off the bat.

Cops get on you for anything. Stand too close to someone on the street, you're gonna fight. And cops will be there. It's pretty easy to ditch them; I lost them with a 4 star wanted level. Just don't stay stationary; they WILL find you.

#4 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,449 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

Yep, got it going earlier today. The control scheme for combat is very similar to Red Dead, which is a good thing. An exception would be a repo mission where I punched out a few gunmen before I realized I had a pistol and a shotgun.

Haven't played much yet, but there seems to be an endless run of missions and side missions right off the bat.

Cops get on you for anything. Stand too close to someone on the street, you're gonna fight. And cops will be there. It's pretty easy to ditch them; I lost them with a 4 star wanted level. Just don't stay stationary; they WILL find you.

When you say anything, do you mean like speeding and weaving through traffic too?

In the old games you could do just about anything as long as you didn't bump a cop car lol.

#5 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,201 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

I did hit a pedestrian and drive through a gate (was not a toll booth) without cops swarming in.
The character I was using has special driving abilities, so I was able to speed around without hitting very much.

I should have said anything you do *on foot*

#6 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,449 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

Cool, thanks.

#7 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,395 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

Of course my Xbox decides to screw up the past couple of days and I then decided to break the power adapter.

I'll see you as soon as I can, GTA

#8 NavyPF4L

NavyPF4L

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

It is definitely an amazingly fun game! Highly recommend it! Just don't have the kids around.

#9 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,700 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

Bought it yesterday afternoon.

Cops are tough on this one, you need to be more careful than the old ones.

Lots of really cool cars from the beginning, but I like riding the motorcycles.

Really easy to aim, and shoot.

Very foul language.

#10 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,582 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

Guess I will resurrect Vice City on my PS2 from back in the day, just to get my fix. lol

#11 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,201 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

I guess there is a police helicopter that just flies around. I had it overhead with a 1 star wanted level. Never had that before.

And they reversed the controls for taxis - if you try to hail a cab like on gta iv, you'll do a normal carjack

#12 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

My iFruit app on my iPhone just told me that Chop took a dump and I need to clean it up. So pretty much the best alert I've ever gotten on my phone.

#13 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,201 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

Chop is awesome in police shoot outs.
I got eaten by shark for the first time.

#14 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,919 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

I was mauled to death by a dog during a 3 star wanted level chase and shootout. Found that very odd, funny, and confusing all at once

#15 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 11,201 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:23 AM

That's weird. I think Chop is the only dog I've seen so far.
Unless you count the coyotes around Trevor's house.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com