Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, there's going to be a The Walking Dead spinoff...

36 posts in this topic

Posted

Hopefully they get much, much better actors for this installment, as the current crew is cringe-worthy.  They should do this out to the west and have them maybe in the hills/mountains or whatnot.

hey, I keep up with the show like everyone, but this is exactly what I think of every time I hear someone over-exaggerate how "fuging badass this show is!"

it's good.  it's not great. 

And the plot seems to drag along...

I'd rather see the plot moving past all the "shocking" emotional build up when they should be used to the environment by now.  At least to the point where you only start introducing a new "shock and awe" to the characters here and there.. 

And it's taken 3 seasons just to get into a "war" with another community.  Easily could have built up the battle sporadically through season 2 and fought it through season 3..

Season 4 should be something new and exciting.  I feel like I've been watching this plot for far too long...

1 person likes this

Posted

Originally there was going to be an Army Ranger Unit in the walking dead, I wonder if thats what the spinoff will be about. More on how the military will handle things.

Posted

Season 3 was better than season 2 but both were still not that great.   At least Andrea is gone (they butchered her character).

The Morgan episodes are BOTH the best ones in the series.  Episode 1 right and then the one last season?  

1 person likes this

Posted

There are tons of good stories that can be told in this world.  TWD video game was pretty good.  The only thing I want is for them to move the plot.  All of season 1 and parts of season 3 did really well to move things forward, but the rest was awful.  

Which game?

Posted

The Walking Dead:NY

The Walking Dead: Miami

The Walking Dead: London

The Walking Dead: Saskatchewan

I have not ever read the comics, so at any point do they even talk about Europe at all?

Posted

That was a decent game, however the one revolving around the Dixons...

Yeah it wasn't much of a game, basically an interactive story.  

Posted

How about this for a spinoff idea...

Each season (or half season maybe?) is a new arc. New people, new places, no overlap. Each season focuses on a group of people within a certain area of the world with an endgame in mind or a solution to solve.

Wrap it up with half a season or maybe a full season, then on to the next one.

Or if they wanna be really bold, try out single episode arcs, so each episode is something totally new, sorta like Twilight Zone. Might be hard to find enough competent actors and budget if they wanna make each episode highly packed with quality and excitement. 

Posted

How about this for a spinoff idea...

Each season (or half season maybe?) is a new arc. New people, new places, no overlap. Each season focuses on a group of people within a certain area of the world with an endgame in mind or a solution to solve.

Wrap it up with half a season or maybe a full season, then on to the next one.

Or if they wanna be really bold, try out single episode arcs, so each episode is something totally new, sorta like Twilight Zone. Might be hard to find enough competent actors and budget if they wanna make each episode highly packed with quality and excitement.

So like American horror story?

1 person likes this

Posted

So like American horror story?

I've never watched that, so I dunno.

Posted

I've never watched that, so I dunno.

American horror story is an anthology series. Each season is a completely stand alone story. You should give it a watch. Great acting and story lines