Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

micnificent28

So it's safe to say none of these free agents are better than what we have?

60 posts in this topic

At least 6 CBs on that list are better than any CB on the Carolina roster for the past 5 years.

Coax Todd Steussie out of retirement

Its week 3 and no other teams have picked them up either. I guess you all are smarter than 32 NFL GMs

That's disingenuous. Different teams have different needs and different agendas.

I thought our agenda here was to win now, but looking at the moves that we have made, and the ones we haven't, I don't know what the fug our agenda is.

2 people like this

Its week 3 and no other teams have picked them up either. I guess you all are smarter than 32 NFL GMs

I'm not convinced that we don't have the worst secondary in the league; so yeah, maybe we should be willing to look at what other teams chucked.

Coax Todd Steussie out of retirement

Soon as I saw this i started signing "He's Just A Hold Machine, Baby!" (to the tune of "Love Machine")

Pretty much.  There are reasons why these guys are unemployed.

Giants need secondary help and worked out Kerry Rhodes, but didn't sign him.  Broncos are working out Winston Justice, but likely only as depth (if he's even signed).  Antoine Winfield decided to retire.

The Patriots reached out to Brandon Lloyd.  He told them he doesn't want to play football anymore.  He's decided to be an actor instead.

Edit: Top Dawg beat me to it :lol:

As to Tom Zbikowski, if you get him you have to wait till he sits out his four game suspension first.

And FYI: The list includes Haruki Nakamura, Sherrod Martin and Jeff Otah, among others (Jeff Otah). Those guys don't exactly help your argument, OP :wacko:

Winston Justice, OT, signed by Denver.  

Seems like a smart deal. Wish we would've done the same.