Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolina Panthers sign two cornerbacks...

51 posts in this topic

Posted

Might as well have brought back Hogan

Posted

In case you all haven't noticed, we aren't trying to win this year. Gettleman is waiting to get through it so he can start building this team fresh next off season. Starting with a high draft pick

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

There is no reason to rag on these guys, they got signed to the practice squad - that's it. If they show some promise they move up, if not then they likely get cut.

I go to App, so maybe I'm a little defensive, but c'mon... no reason to bash these guys; this was a minor move.

Posted

Kurt Warner, Tony Romo, Joe Flacco, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Vincent Jackson, etc all say hi.

Jerry Rice, Walter Payton, Michael Strahan, Shannon Sharpe... The list goes on and on

1 person likes this

Posted

Jerry Rice, Walter Payton, Michael Strahan, Shannon Sharpe... The list goes on and on

Hmm, I coulda sworn Shannon Sharpe went to a journalism school to hone his public speaking skills....

1 person likes this

Posted

Air McNair, Brian Westbrook.

1 person likes this

Posted

Conversion Panthers:

We have a WR who was a QB  (edwards)

A CB who was a QB (Presley)

A LB who was a S (Davis)

A G who was a T (Silatolu)

Another G who was a T (Wharton)

A S who was a CB (Godfrey)

A FB who was a TE (Brockel)

Posted

Carolina Transformers?

1 person likes this

Posted

Kurt Warner, Tony Romo, Joe Flacco, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Vincent Jackson, etc all say hi.

Incoming App State homers.  I'm pretty sure all of those people played that same position in college and didn't convert.  I also know off the top of my head both Flacco and Moss were originally D1 players that transferred due to playing time and discipline issues respectively, there is a big difference.

Posted

holy guacamole 

Posted

Incoming App State homers.  I'm pretty sure all of those people played that same position in college and didn't convert.  I also know off the top of my head both Flacco and Moss were originally D1 players that transferred due to playing time and discipline issues respectively, there is a big difference.

I see your point, and I'm not an App State homer, I just enjoy rooting for the underdog.

Big difference between IAA and the power conferences? Sure. But top tier IAA programs are close, if not on par, with about a quarter to half of FBS programs. That was indicative the first weekend of college football this year. Raw athletes who are overlooked play IAA, check out any NFL roster, a lot come from the IAA ranks.

*can't argue with you on the position conversion, I don't get that. 

Posted

I see your point, and I'm not an App State homer, I just enjoy rooting for the underdog.

Big difference between IAA and the power conferences? Sure. But top tier IAA programs are close, if not on par, with about a quarter to half of FBS programs. That was indicative the first weekend of college football this year. Raw athletes who are overlooked play IAA, check out any NFL roster, a lot come from the IAA ranks.

*can't argue with you on the position conversion, I don't get that. 

Right, but I think you were missing my point.  My point is the majority of players at DIAA level are a step down.  The guy we signed played corner part of his senior year and did a "okay" job covering players that are a step down from D1 level.  Bottom line is, all the players you listed dominated D1AA level, I don't want a guy who did "okay" at a lower level, especially when people are dropping like flies.