Photo
- - - - -

Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan on Cam

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
169 replies to this topic

#166 footballisasport

footballisasport

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

Lol I remember in the preseason against Ravens, Cam had the best protection I've seen on one play and completely stepped into the pocket... into his throw and the ball hit Lafell directly in his chest and dropped what would have been a 20+ reception

What I think? Cam confidence are in 2 players. Olsen, Smith. Hopefully towards middle of the season he gain confidence and chem with Ginn

Please stop making sense. I wondered that same sentiment on here a couple of weeks ago. The only difference was, I felt that either Cam didn't have confidence in some of the other receivers because they haven shown him they are reliable or Smitty is in his ear like he was with Clausen.

I watch a lot of football, hence my name. There are many QBs, including Vets, who make the same mistakes some of these "experts" are always trying to point out week in and out with Cam. But funny thing is, those QBs' teams are still winning despite those mistakes. Why Can't the Panthers? I wish some would obsess over trying to find the answer to this team's inability to win as much as they seem to love being up Cam's butt with a maginifying glass.

#167 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

HUDDLER

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

.........it annoys me that anyone who tries and explain that CAM is not the sole problem they instantly become a "Cam apologists" but yet you guys who pick apart cam's game never have anything POSITIVE to say, which in general would put off a vibe that either you have some personal beef with cam or you never liked him from day 1. There has yet to be one person in this thread whos stated " This is all on blah blah blah Cam is playing perfect, he has no flaws this is all on blah blah blah" we've all stated Cam has his issues but to believe this is even the source of the REAL problem is absence minded IMHO. My question to those who believe Cam is the problem, What would you suggest?

#168 IGSaint

IGSaint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

Those who pick apart cam when he clearly is not the problem as it relates to wins are cam haters. There are no two ways about that. They need to just come out and admit that they don't like cam or trust cam. It's a lot easier to disregard the opinion of a cam hater, instead of reading the opinion of cam hater who masquerades as an impartial panther fan.

#169 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

HUDDLER

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

I didn't read entire thread, because I'm lazy, but I heard someone call into WFNZ one day and make a very valid point.  This guy said he's coached at most levels of sports and one thing he notices is Cam hardly EVER has a "clean pocket" to throw in.  Not only is Cam hit quite often, but he very seldom has a clean pocket.  The caller said he'd guess, on a low number that 50% of the time he does NOT have a clean pocket, and more likely than not it's higher than that.   I know Cam has made mistakes, but how many of those are due to clean pocket issues or just mistakes?   Not to mention he probably doesn't even trust his blocking.  When you don't have a clean pocket it messes up your timing, which is vastly important for QB's and their receivers.  It's not to really judge a guy when his offensive line is terrible and he's handcuffed by his coaching staff.

#170 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:07 AM

I didn't read entire thread, because I'm lazy, but I heard someone call into WFNZ one day and make a very valid point. This guy said he's coached at most levels of sports and one thing he notices is Cam hardly EVER has a "clean pocket" to throw in. Not only is Cam hit quite often, but he very seldom has a clean pocket. The caller said he'd guess, on a low number that 50% of the time he does NOT have a clean pocket, and more likely than not it's higher than that. I know Cam has made mistakes, but how many of those are due to clean pocket issues or just mistakes? Not to mention he probably doesn't even trust his blocking. When you don't have a clean pocket it messes up your timing, which is vastly important for QB's and their receivers. It's not to really judge a guy when his offensive line is terrible and he's handcuffed by his coaching staff.

On a related note, I have thought for years now G play was more important for Cam than T play....and our G play is HORRIBLE.

Cam actually likes the pocket and wants to step up and make his home there. Too consistently he can't. The fact he is so big and has such a long stride.... IMO means he needs a little more room to legitimately step up and keep good footwork