Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

I'm hearing RIvera is out if we lose Sunday.

• Please log in to reply
262 replies to this topic

#136 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

No disrespect but Zods claimed to know numerous things that have not come to fruition.

#137 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,241 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

zod's sole purpose for this thread:

#138 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,170 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

Not sure about that. It would signify a house cleaning is coming and players would be on notice.

And really, could someone do worse that Rivera at game management?

Yes. Yes they can. Don't get me wrong, Rivera has been absolutely terrible at game management, but that's a common refrain amongst a lot of coaches in this league. The game is too specialized for the typical coach to have the right play in mind at every situation. Just throwing another live body in there will likely result in more poor game management and a total loss of cohesion elsewhere.

#139 WildCats

WildCats

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

If this is true Wilks has to be praying that we lose sunday

#140 Banjo

Banjo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

When's the last time a team fired its head coach early in the season and the team rallied together to a *winning* record?

#141 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:44 PM

Armanti Edwards: App State QB.... turned WR

De'Andre Presley: App State QB... turned CB

Steve Wilks: App State soccer coach... turned football?

please tell me that Wilks wasn't really a D1-AA soccer coach

#142 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

Also - I always thought Skipper would take over if Rivera got fired this season. 

Whether we WIN or LOSE Sunday, what we don't need is some coach (Skipper, Wilks, McDermott, Shula, etc) getting lucky or hot at the end of the season, and we end up with a Romeo Crennell situation. 

I like McDermott, but I'm going to be honest here. Looking at our coaches he's the only guy who I wouldn't be too upset if were retained by the new regime. 

#143 lazydba

lazydba

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

Up until now I have always said he won't be fired mid season, but just had a conversation that convinced me otherwise. I now think if he loses on Sunday he will be out and Steve Wilks will be interim head coach. Wilks is an App State Alum and well liked within the front office.

go Giants then.

#144 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,341 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

Sheesh there is a lot of gullible people on this board.

#145 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

No disrespect but Zods claimed to know numerous things that have not come to fruition.

There's a lot of that on here. We had a guy a few summers ago who claimed to have a source. His threads were Huddle HOF worthy but the guy didn't know crap. There's a lot of that goes on the college hoops sub forum as well. It's possible some people do have some inside info sometimes though as little as it may be. I have a good friend who has extensive ties to the Coastal Carolina FB program and he's told me 3 things that have been right on the money. One was about Mike Tolbert, one was about Josh Norman, and the other was about Jerome Simpson (plays for the Vikings).

However, Zod's word goes a lot further with me than a lot of other people that post here. He's on TV and is on the field during the game. His Terrell McClain prediction was an all timer though! 

#146 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

Sheesh there is a lot of gullible people on this board.

Why do you say this?

You honestly think it's impossible Rivera is fired after week 3 (heading into the BYE week) if we lose to the Giants? Whether the Panthers choke at the end or get beat by 3 teeters, this is the biggest game of Rivera's life. Firing him would give the team an extra week to prepare and adjust. 

#147 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,341 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

please tell me that Wilks wasn't really a D1-AA soccer coach

lol.... I really have no idea who the guy is..... but I don't think it really matters.

#148 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,341 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

Why do you say this?

You honestly think it's impossible Rivera is fired after week 3 (heading into the BYE week) if we lose to the Giants? Whether the Panthers choke at the end or get beat by 3 teeters, this is the biggest game of Rivera's life. Firing him would give the team an extra week to prepare and adjust. 

It is possible for him to get fired after week  3 but for the Panthers to bring in a coach from ASU.  That is where the truth gets flawed.

#149 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

lol.... I really have no idea who the guy is..... but I don't think it really matters.

u had me going there...i went to check his panthers.com profile and I didn't see any mention of coaching college soccer. 

This either means one of two things:

1. I am mentally exhausted after a long day. 

2. I have that little faith in the Panthers FO that I actually thought they would bring in a football assistant who moonlighted as a soccer coach. 

His coaching pedigree isn't too shabby though:

PLAYING AND PERSONAL

A product of West Charlotte High School, Wilks played defensive back at Appalachian State from 1987-91 and finished his career with 103 tackles, four interceptions and four blocked kicks. He attended training camp with the Seattle Seahawks in 1992 and lined up at defensive back and wide receiver for the Charlotte Rage of the Arena Football League in 1993.

Wilks graduated from Appalachian State with a degree in communications.

HISTORY
Defensive back: Appalachian State 1987-91. Pro defensive back/wide receiver: Charlotte Rage (AFL) 1993. College coach: Johnson C. Smith 1995-96, Savannah State 1997-99 (head coach 1999), Illinois State 2000, Appalachian State 2001, East Tennessee State 2002, Bowling Green State University 2003, Notre Dame 2004, Washington 2005. Pro coach: Chicago Bears 2006-08, San Diego Chargers 2009-11, joined Panthers in 2012.

#150 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,261 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

When's the last time a team fired its head coach early in the season and the team rallied together to a *winning* record?

Didn't the Chiefs do it about 3 yrs ago?

I do not think it should come down to a win or a loss to determine RR's fate, but rather how he coaches...his decision making, game plan, adjustments.  He could do a brilliant job and the team could lose.  He could suck and the team get lucky.

If Ron is told he has to won...he is likely to be more likely to play not to lose.

By the way...I am not expecting him to be brilliant.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.