Photo
- - - - -

Who must go for the Panthers to be better?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,791 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

I'm pretty sure we're all in agreement that Ron is high on the list, and if you're not, well, stop huffing paint thinner and come back to reality. He sucks. He'll instantly get scooped up to be a DC for the Giants and make that unit top 7 or whatever but he can't cut the mustard as a HC. However, beside that, we know this team is still not perfect and there are some players I feel have been here far too long and haven't played nearly as well as they're getting paid for. Godfrey's season (and possibly career) ending injury last week should be the punctuation of his tenure here, we have backs that either sit on the sidelines with nagging injuries or tweet jabs at former coaches while they're fumbling game winning drives away, Beason may never recover from blowing out his achilles in 2011, etc. The point is that Gettleman's going to have a lot of work to do this offseason, much more than he had to do for his first one, since JR basically gave him permission to make a draft pick and that's about it. I'm creating this thread to see where everybody's head is at. I think this offseason is going to be a great opportunity to finally get a competent pair of safeties in free agency, and also the corners are not too shabby either. We could basically patchwork a reliable secondary to go with our front four without even thinking about draft if we wanted

for example would you care to sample from our list of defensive backs pl0x

I don't really have much I care to write, basically it's tell us who you think should be gone and upgraded, so in lieu of more text here's a Jake Delhomme comic I found on tumblr

tumblr_lojs4dHyEJ1qa17k0o1_500.png

#2 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,450 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

Jerry Richardson.

#3 CarolinaAllDay

CarolinaAllDay

NY Panther's Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

We should honestly clear house with our defensive backfield. Pick up the best safety in the draft and build a secondary around him.

#4 carp24000

carp24000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

richardson-MONEY-300-EQV-fb.jpg

#5 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,791 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

Ok before we get 300 more posts of Jerry Richardson, I'm with you, I think he is holding the team back himself, but unless you've got a plan to have him step down as owner making that suggestion is getting us nowhere

#6 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

Josh Norman can go play in traffic. I screamed he was garbage all last year and got hammered for it. Then I let the huddle convince me during the preseason that he was actually good. We are in big trouble anytime he suits up.

#7 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,791 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

I'd be okay with about 75% of the team hitting the door. We need, not only a new coaching staff, but an entirely new culture in the locker room.

#8 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

Beason

sorry but it's true

#9 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

• HUDDLER
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

The more I come to terms with it I would welcome JR taking an Arthur Blank roll.

Owner that is rah rah who writes the checks but leaves the choices for football to the football people.

(of course JR still looks 10000x more boss than Creepy Blank while doing this)

#10 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

• HUDDLER
  • 2,719 posts

Beason

sorry but it's true

I would keep him but bench him if he's not gonna play to starter standards

#11 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,694 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

beason, williams, stewart, godfrey. thx for the mmrs

#12 gmonjimbo

gmonjimbo

• ALL-PRO
  • 313 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

Captain Munnerlyn, Brandon Lafell, and Byron Bell should be shown the door, the second the offseason begins. Players we need to replace due to age/ injury in the near future: Steve Smith, Jordan Gross, Jon Beason, DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart.

#13 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

Josh Norman can go play in traffic. I screamed he was garbage all last year and got hammered for it. Then I let the huddle convince me during the preseason that he was actually good. We are in big trouble anytime he suits up.

Norman has skills, but he's as undisciplined of a corner I can remember seeing for the Panthers. 

Not starting him is one of the few things I've seen Rivera do that makes me think he has at least some clue of what it takes to be a HC.  

#14 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:37 PM

the Fans

#15 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

beason, williams, stewart, godfrey. thx for the mmrs

I am one of the few Godfrey fans on this board but that achilles injury may end up being the end of his Panther career. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com