43 replies to this topic

#1 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

With everyone coming down on Rivera on this board, I haven't heard the first inkling on what has happened with Norman this week. At the very least I would think that Steve Smith has made his life a living hell. On the radio, numerous post game interviews eluded to his teammates being nothing less than pissed with him for single-handedly costing at least half of the final drive for Buffalo.

Additionally, it doesn't even sound like he has owned up to his arrogance. I can't imagine any scenario where he isn't at least getting the banishment treatment from his peers.

Has there been ANY word on this?

#2 Lemory

Lemory

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • LocationRivera's Doghouse

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

He should be in Rivera's doghouse but, he has to play because of the secondary woes.

#3 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 16,811 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

One player NEVER "single handedly" loses a game.

Football is the ultimate team sport. That line of thinking suchs an astounding level of ignorance.

What about the offenses poor performance? What about 0 sacks, what about Byron Bell, what about the DPI that put them in the red zone.

Norman has his faults and owns this loss, but no more than anyone else on the team...

#4 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

I heard a couple Chinamen burst into Brad Nortman's house and peed on his rug. Mistaken identity?

#5 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 5,724 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

I heard Hardy gave him a nuclear wedgie in front of the entire team.

#6 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

Haven't heard anything.

But it is kind of funny how half this site is a bunch of wannabe arm chair coaches and said Rivera is retarded for not starting Norman. They won't eat their crow though, they'll just continue to think they know more than even the worst of NFL coaches.

#7 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 3,029 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

Cut the dead weight and start over.

#8 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

Football is the ultimate team sport. That line of thinking suchs an astounding level of ignorance.

What about the offenses poor performance? What about 0 sacks, what about Byron Bell, what about the DPI that put them in the red zone.

Norman has his faults and owns this loss, but no more than anyone else on the team...

While I agree with this, this was about as close as you can get to one player losing the game for you.

#9 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

Norman blew the game winning TD, but don't forget that the refs cheated Keuchly on the previous play. Deangelo blew the game against seattle. Munnerlyn gets destroyed on the regular. Hardy and Johnson were a let down against the Bills. Rivera's dumbass didn't call a timeout when it was obvious Norman was confused.

It's not all on the one CB on the roster who actually has the talent to be good.

#10 thennek

thennek

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

Rivera blew this game when he decided to kick a field goal on 4th + 1.  And then played prevent defense so that the Bills drove the ball 80-yards with a rookie QB, and no timeouts. 

#11 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:06 PM

I didn't say he cost the game all by himself. Re-read the OP

#12 TimTom

TimTom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationJust south of Charlotte

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

I heard a couple Chinamen burst into Brad Nortman's house and peed on his rug. Mistaken identity?

Did it tie the room together?

#13 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

Norman blew the game winning TD, but don't forget that the refs cheated Keuchly on the previous play. Deangelo blew the game against seattle. Munnerlyn gets destroyed on the regular. Hardy and Johnson were a let down against the Bills. Rivera's dumbass didn't call a timeout when it was obvious Norman was confused.

It's not all on the one CB on the roster who actually has the talent to be good.

How much time did Rivera have to recognize that Norman WOULDN'T pick up the switch for that last play? If the answer is more than zero time, you are dead wrong

#14 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,424 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

Absolutely.  When the team loses, it makes us feel better to have a scape goat.  Beason sucked.  Cam was way off when WRs were open, Bell was horrible,  Godfrey was late helping over the top again, etc etc etc.

#15 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

Rivera blew this game when he decided to kick a field goal on 4th + 1. And then played prevent defense so that the Bills drove the ball 80-yards with a rookie QB, and no timeouts.

Everyone's job for that final drive was two simple things: keep the play in front of you, and keep everyone in the field of play. If Norman does this once out of his three failures, we are talking about last weeks close call instead of our collapse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.