Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

top dawg

What the hell is on Gettleman's mind?

65 posts in this topic

Oh yeah, there's so much talent out on the FA market I don't know why we aren't blowing every last dollar we have to save a lame duck coach and a lost season...

We had a chance to upgrade the RT position before the season even started.

1 person likes this

Gettleman is not the problem.  Maybe hes told Coach, Hey I've got this guy I can bring in and this guy and this guy. 

Rivera looks him down and says nah, I like Fua.

I don't think can say that with any certainty... but I think it's not far from the truth.

I don't think can say that with any certainty... but I think it's not far from the truth.

No certainty, thats what the "maybe" is for.  With certainty I don't think G-man is the problem.

1 person likes this

Worst nigthmare:

Gettleman decides answer is on roster at some spots, which he was clearly wrong about. Decides answer isn't on roster at spots where they are (QB). Initiates entire rebuild to make the roster look how he wants it,

No certainty, thats what the "maybe" is for.  With certainty I don't think G-man is the problem.

yeah I'm basically agreeing with you, but you never really know what's going on there.

Gettleman may have some grand master plan he's following, but we'll probably never know it.

At the same time, JR might be dictating what's going on and overriding Gman... I doubt it, but anything is possible.

Well, you know, we've always had great success hiring guys who've been passed over for the big boy job time and again, so I'm not worried.

He's wondering who he will hire as the next HC

2 people like this

Here's the thing.

Let's say that since the Rams signed Max Starks, they did so believing he was the best option available.

If you saw him at all this preseason, Max Starks was beyond awful.

People might hate hearing that the guys who are out there are indeed unemployed for a reason, but it's true.

If you want another way to look at it, look over the rosters of other teams. Specifically check the names of the backups. You'll see a lot of names that make you go 'who' :blink:

Teams chose those guys over the free agents.

2 people like this