Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What the hell is on Gettleman's mind?

65 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I get the feeling he's ready to give Rivera some walking papers if we lose come Sunday

Posted · Report post

Does anyone not get that we have to start freeing up room to pay Cam, and Luke a year later?

Might not need to pay cam if he keeps his play at this level
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Gettleman may be a puppet as well. I like his straight shooter schtick but what bothers me is the conditional hiring. Having to keep Riv.

I'm. It even passing judgement on Riv here.

You don't hire a GM without giving control. Unless you are the cowboys or redskins.

What owner does that. (Already answered above)
What kind of guy accepts that job?

It looks bad

Posted · Report post

Gettleman's mind i pretty much this

"If we win good

If we lose I get to bring in my own guy.

Win-Win for the GMan"

Posted · Report post

I think next year is on his mind...that is when he goes on the clock. 

Posted · Report post

I bet he was sure as hell hoping for better than staring 0-3 in the face at this point. I think he expected the team to improve and compete for a playoff spot this year with the caveat that if they didn't then Rivera would be gone. No one expected the same maddening shyt that happened last year which has resulted in Rivera about to be canned midseason.

Posted · Report post

Gettleman may be a puppet as well. I like his straight shooter schtick but what bothers me is the conditional hiring. Having to keep Riv.

I'm. It even passing judgement on Riv here.

You don't hire a GM without giving control. Unless you are the cowboys or redskins.

What owner does that. (Already answered above)
What kind of guy accepts that job?

It looks bad

Wouldn't call that 'conditional'.  The decision was made before he got here.

Said before I seriously doubt a guy waits as long as Gettleman did just to take a job as a figurehead.  Especially not a guy who everyone calls a 'grinder'.

Could Gettleman decide he wants to move on from Newton?  And if do can he convince Richardson to go along?  Don't know.

But do I think it's at least possible?  Yeah.

Posted · Report post

The focus of this year was cleaning up the cap mess and taking stock of what we have.

Posted · Report post

Wouldn't call that 'conditional'. The decision was made before he got here.

Said before I seriously doubt a guy waits as long as Gettleman did just to take a job as a figurehead. Especially not a guy who everyone calls a 'grinder'.

Could Gettleman decide he wants to move on from Newton? And if do can he convince Richardson to go along? Don't know.

But do I think it's at least possible? Yeah.

Like I said it looks bad. I am being optimistic though. Perhaps there is an implied understanding for the first year. One year my way then if need be we can start fresh your way.

I tend to believe that over anything else. I really hoped it was going to work for Riv and cam though. Defensive coach and an equalizing offensive playmaker.

Oh well.

Posted · Report post

Gettleman has not been impressive. This team had obvious problems that were blatantly ignored. 

Posted · Report post

G-man is definitely not the problem in this mess... look at what he was handed when he got here and look at the improvements he has already made, pretty good draft in my opinion and pretty good FA pick-ups considering what we could afford. Give the guy an offseason and I believe we will all be pretty impressed next year.

This team is not that far from being a dominating force... have patience.

Posted · Report post

G-man is definitely not the problem in this mess... look at what he was handed when he got here and look at the improvements he has already made, pretty good draft in my opinion and pretty good FA pick-ups considering what we could afford. Give the guy an offseason and I believe we will all be pretty impressed next year.

This team is not that far from being a dominating force... have patience.

Improving one position per offseason isn't enough to deserve any praise. Gettleman hasn't proven jack to me.

1 person likes this