Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found some gems on youtube

36 posts in this topic

Posted

Call me crazy guys, but good memories don't depress me.

Just the opposite: Watching those moments all over again still brings a smile to my face. Heck, I'd love to find highlights of the Jags game or the two wins over Tampa that year, among others.

To each his own, but for me the fact that we're bad now doesn't taint my memory that we were good back then :)

I have 2 of those games on DVD and the first Tampa game on VHS. I still remember being devastated when Tampa scored. I'm surprised I even watched them kick the extra point but I'm glad I did. I was hoping for the same thing in Buffalo once they scored on Sunday.

I'd love to find highlights or someone who has the Cincinnati game from 02 when Smitty takes two punts backs and has a TD catch. I've formed a nice little Smitty collection over the years of all games he scores TD's in. I only keep games that Carolina wins though. I refuse to re watch a game that they lose.

Posted

I miss this.

Posted

SIGH... we'll be there again someday soon boys and girls - hang in there. 

Posted

that was then.

this is now:

Posted

Watching #24 getting burned... Deja Vu all over again!!!

Posted

All three playoff wins from that magical season... in their entirety?! WOW! Amazing finds... thanks!

Call me crazy guys, but good memories don't depress me.

Just the opposite: Watching those moments all over again still brings a smile to my face. Heck, I'd love to find highlights of the Jags game or the two wins over Tampa that year, among others.

To each his own, but for me the fact that we're bad now doesn't taint my memory that we were good back then :)

My thoughts exactly. That season was by far my most favorite season out of any that my three teams have had. What a ride.

YES on the games you mentioned, though. I didn't want to bring negativity into this post... but. Now that you mentioned it... I have to admit that on Sunday, I was thinking about that blocked PAT in the first Bucs game and was secretly hoping it would happen again (even though I knew it wouldn't). :(

Posted

Man, when they cut back to the studio at the very end of the Panthers-Rams game, Howie Long mentions how the Panthers were 8-0 in games decided by 3 points or less that season. Those were the days.

Posted

Remember. This is why we are fans in the bad times. It makes the glorious winning season all that much better...

2 people like this

Posted

LOL love that cowboys gem

Rams as well double ot baby

Posted

The Rams game was, by far, the most exciting and memorable game of all time, even had I not been a Panther fan. The most one-sided fun we've had though, was the 1996 Playoffs game against the Cowboys, where we broke Michael Irvin's collar bone and knocked Deon Sanders completely out cold. Our defense destroyed those hacks in Dallas that year. Good times, good times...

Posted

Good memories.  Depressing as hell to watch again.

Posted

I believe our luck changed when we got Mick Mixon as our play by play. But it brought luck to the Heels to get rid of him. LOL