Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did the Panthers hire the wrong guy?

79 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Funny poo

Yeah man, just trying to turn a bad situation into something enjoyable. Gotta take the good with bad with this team.

Posted · Report post

I don't care who it is* as long as they're an OC.

Posted · Report post

Really? "tree face Ron?" you lose respect points for that. Uncalled for

Posted · Report post

I'm telling you guys if we hire Perry Fewell i will do unspeakable things.

anyone trying to sound positive with this hire should be stoned to death...

you all know who you are..

Posted · Report post

It all comes down to sound upper management decisions.

Fox didn't have a chance to leave BoA stadium with his box of personal belongings before Denver was calling with an offer to be their HC.

Denver didn't only recognize Fox's strengths, they recognized his weaknesses and compensated for them.

We had a chance to compensate for Rivera's well known weaknesses during this off season by getting a strong OC and failed to do so.

We are now paying the price.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

It all comes down to sound upper management decisions.

Fox didn't have a chance to leave BoA stadium with his box of personal belongings before Denver was calling with an offer to be their HC.

Denver didn't only recognize Fox's strengths, they recognized his weaknesses and compensated for them.

We had a chance to compensate for Rivera's well known weaknesses during this off season by getting a strong OC and failed to do so.

We are now paying the price.

Agreed, and we replaced Fox with someone with his same skillset and worse overall. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You people are already complaining about a coach that hasn't been hired to replace a coach that hasn't been fired two games into the season. Think about that.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

If we hire another defensive coordinator, I'm taking a vacation from this team. I don't want to watch Cam's career to spiral down into nothingness.

Worth remembering...

Bill Belichick cut his teeth as a DC.  So did Pete Carroll.

Some of the league's most potent offenses - the Patriots, Falcons and Broncos to name a few - operate under defensive head coaches.

The point of a coaching search is to find the right guy.  And yes, that guy can be a DC.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Won't Gettleman have some say as to who we interview? I have a feeling JR trusts Gettleman. So hopefully he knows what he is doing.

Richardson let Marty Hurney run the last search without interfering.  No reason to think he won't extend the same courtesy to Gettleman.

Worth noting on that front: Anyone expecting Gettleman to consider a college coach running a read-option type attack might wanna take a look back at the feelings Gettleman has expressed about the Read option offense.  He is most definitely not a fan.

Posted · Report post

The point of a coaching search is to find the right guy.  And yes, that guy can be a DC.

absolutely true, but the problem is jerry seems to think the guy can't be an OC (or offensive-minded coach) and thus limits the pool of candidates. he categorically removes potential all-stars because they don't fit his archaic football framework. that's why it's frustrating.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Sumlin shaw or roman with a very strong ex HC as his dc and I'd be happy
1 person likes this