Photo
- - - - -

We should rename this the Debbie Downer board

Best Answer Darth Biscuit, 20 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

i'm weirdly optimistic for this game... but then i am usually weirdly optimistic for every game... and we usually lose them... this is probably a bad omen.

Philly B during Panthers games.

Before Kickoff

thumbs-up-enthusiastic-guy1.jpg

During 2nd Quarter

so-so1.jpg

Halftime

beer510b.jpg

Start of Second Half

branston_595.jpg

3rd and Most of 4th quarter

bb-wrap-party9.jpg

1 minute to go:

wall-street-on-aols-earnings-meh.jpg

After the game...

7svROl.jpg

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#16 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,788 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

Sure lets rename the team to The Pitiful Panthers while we're at it.

Whatever makes you feel better bro.

#17 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,271 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

CRA, you by far the most hypocritical person I have ever (theoretically) met.

Eh, I have a lot of big picture things about this organization I don't like.

Doesn't mean I don't think we can win games....it just makes it harder.

I mean me going on about Gettlemen sitting on his hands ignoring our OL for example bc he isn't going invest in a hotseat coach.....doesn't mean I don't believe our talent can overcome it.

If Ron earns his job DG will then invest. Cam I think is special enough he could do it if the ball starts rolling for him

#18 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,476 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

Meh, I watch football and follow it as a break from "reality". It is suppose to be fun. We are still in a window to be optimistic regardless of what the past says is likely to happen.

One team will be 1-2 at BOA on Sunday.

reality isn't so bad that I have to fabricate optimism when it's blatantly clear this season isn't going to turn out very well.  The only thing I hope is that I'm wrong, however, we'll see as the season progresses.  Despite saying the past isn't likely to speak towards the future, I'll venture to say in this case, it says everything about the future when the present looks exactly (if not worse) than the past.

Giants 1-2...

#19 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,271 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

Newton seems like he is being held back to me. We don't use him as the dynamic players that he is. Managing the game isn't what Cam is about.

I've noticed that we ran the ball a ton against the hawks, but not nearly as often against the bills. that degree of fluctuation tells me Shula is in over his head and doesn't know what the fug he's doing.

"Oh no! they think I'm too conservative! I gotta pass the ball a ton to prove I'm not!"

Newton wasn't used as a game manager last week.

It is what it is at the end....RR is a conservative coach and plays the traditional calls. Leading up to it....Cam wasn't a game manager.

Shula has to find his happy spot in all of it. It takes time. He certainly looks to be searching which IMO is what should be happening.

#20 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,943 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

Newton seems like he is being held back to me. We don't use him as the dynamic players that he is. Managing the game isn't what Cam is about. 

I've noticed that we ran the ball a ton against the hawks, but not nearly as often against the bills. that degree of fluctuation tells me Shula is in over his head and doesn't know what the fug he's doing. 

"Oh no! they think I'm too conservative! I gotta pass the ball a ton to prove I'm not!" 

No...it tells you that he understands the strengths and weaknesses of his oppponent, and it trying to exploit it.

The Seahawks have one of the best secondaries in football and were without two of their starting DLinemen.  Based on that info, featuring the running game is the RIGHT coaching decision.

On the flip side, the Bills were without two of their starting DB's.  Based on that info, featuring the passing game is the RIGHT coaching decision.

Problem is....the offense did not execure.

#21 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,395 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

well it kind of did with 23 points on the board.

#22 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

Tell you what..let this team actually do something and maybe we stll have some. optimism. It's been years since we all could feel confident about this team at all.Untill they win consistently ,it's all just pissing in the wind.

#23 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,328 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

Well wonders never cease.

#24 1989

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:41 AM

Bunch of B*tches on here.

Root for your freakin team.

#25 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,721 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:41 AM

No...it tells you that he understands the strengths and weaknesses of his oppponent, and it trying to exploit it.

The Seahawks have one of the best secondaries in football and were without two of their starting DLinemen.  Based on that info, featuring the running game is the RIGHT coaching decision.

On the flip side, the Bills were without two of their starting DB's.  Based on that info, featuring the passing game is the RIGHT coaching decision.

I stand corrected!

good points

#26 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,516 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

If we lose this Sunday this forum will make Debbie Downer look like a kid on Christmas

#27 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

We have a team that easily should be 2-0 if not for some small blunders (be it player or coach).

Now for reason people are acting like we are the Jaguars about to play Seattle at home or something....

We will win this Sunday. Why? Bc despite what appears to be the same ole same ole isn't. The most explosive and biggest game changer that steps on the field plays for who? He plays for Carolina. I ask you this....how many times has he been "meh 3 games in a row".

Cam seems different. I also think Shula is showing he is going to keep adjusting until he finds our comfort zone. That wasn't going to happen off the bat. I think he finds it for Cam this week.

Too early to be rooting for RR to be fired and sayif the season is lost. Season isn't lost yet...we have sat through so many of those that everyone needs to quit being in a rush to be in another. We aren't yet.

I hear ya CRA .... but its been  0-2, 1-4, 2-8 starts for how many seasons now??  I will still be there Sunday cheering for a win, and agree this game is winnable.  They all are for them.  I also wouldn't be surprised if they get their asses handed to them.  The Giants have done that before, in similar circumstances; and against this team for the most part, just last season.

If this team was going to show me anything, that this year was different, then they win at least one of those first two games.  Unless this team is up 100-0 in the fourth quarter, I will still be expecting them to lose.  Prove me wrong Rivera, Cam, Dline, Secondary, entire team.    

#28 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:56 AM

Im not even sure if we could score 14 points on the Jags offensively.

#29 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,719 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:56 AM

CRA, you by far the most hypocritical person I have ever (theoretically) met.

So true.  Here is a post he made in another thread.

lol... We have been "rebuilding" since 2010. 

I hate to break it to everyone but we aren't rebuilding....we are mismanaged and suck. 

if our GM would have been on board, our HC been allowed to actually go hire an OC and we merely signed a handful of average players to upgrade some horrific holes....we would be legit. 

Mismanaged. 

#30 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,454 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

yeah, why can't we all just be happy to support a team that does nothing but underachieve and find ways to lose. 

YAY!

screw that. i have as much hope in this team as they've earned. until i see actual wins instead if 'almost wons'  and excuses for not winning and moronic and trite sayings like "we've just got to get over the hump", this is a loser team. if they aren't then they need to prove it.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com