Photo
- - - - -

We should rename this the Debbie Downer board

Best Answer Darth Biscuit, 20 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

i'm weirdly optimistic for this game... but then i am usually weirdly optimistic for every game... and we usually lose them... this is probably a bad omen.

Philly B during Panthers games.

Before Kickoff

thumbs-up-enthusiastic-guy1.jpg

During 2nd Quarter

so-so1.jpg

Halftime

beer510b.jpg

Start of Second Half

branston_595.jpg

3rd and Most of 4th quarter

bb-wrap-party9.jpg

1 minute to go:

wall-street-on-aols-earnings-meh.jpg

After the game...

7svROl.jpg

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#31 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,642 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:00 AM

yeah, why can't we all just be happy to support a team that does nothing but underachieve and find ways to lose. 

YAY!

screw that. i have as much hope in this team as they've earned. until i see actual wins instead if 'almost wons'  and excuses for not winning and moronic and trite sayings like "we've just got to get over the hump", this is a loser team. if they aren't then they need to prove it.  

As least you are consistently negative.  LOL

#32 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,645 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:00 AM

So true.  Here is a post he made in another thread.

lol... We have been "rebuilding" since 2010. 

I hate to break it to everyone but we aren't rebuilding....we are mismanaged and suck. 

if our GM would have been on board, our HC been allowed to actually go hire an OC and we merely signed a handful of average players to upgrade some horrific holes....we would be legit. 

Mismanaged. 

lol...

I love 55 logic.

Say something critical....and he uses his 55 brush to claim that means everything you say then must be negative.

Just b/c I feel like this franchise has been greatly mismanaged since 2010 (and it has)....that doesn't mean I can't believe Cam Newton can overcome things and win a game.  Cam has been doing comically good things overall despite being in a very non-ideal sitation of a franchise mismanaging there so called "future QB".

Cam potential has virutally no ceiling.  He shows glimpses.  We are do for a game.

#33 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,635 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

As least you are consistently negative.  LOL

it's only because the team consistently lose. i've just gotten tired of it and i really feel sorry for you PSL owners  i mean you guys are the real losers in this deal because you are stuck in a position where you have to dump tons of money supporting a team that doesn't know what it's doing and only excels in losing and making excuses.

i used to be envious of psl owners, but i haven't been for several years. it's all pity now. i don't blame the sellouts who allow their tickets to fall into the hands of fans of other teams. the organization really hasn't done much to instill pride in the people that made that stadium possible. 

i am not a negative person, but this team sure has a way of pulling negativity out of me. i'm just worn out.

i'm ready for wins. i just don't see that happening any time soon. if this team just accepts losing and doesn't make any real changes i see a huge exodus of fans coming.

#34 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:12 AM

Normally I'd be with you on this CRA but a few things:

1. Shula's been calling good schemes in my opinion the past 2 weeks. I think our planning as a whole has been pretty damn good. And aside from getting blown out against the Giants and Broncos last year, scheming has never really been our issue.( Okay Chud was bad, but we still could have made the playoffs last year) Deangelo blew the game against Seattle and Cam missed several deep throws that could have changed the game last week.

2. If our team were healthy right now I think either A. We wouldn't be 0-2 right now, or B. We could at least beat the Giants.  The problem is that  with our depleted secondary I fear that Rivera has lost his chance to prove himself as a coach. He no longer has the talent(as slim as it was) in the secondary to keep the game close and finally make game winning decisions. I think he may have screwed himself over before he even knows it.

#35 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,645 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

Normally I'd be with you on this CRA but a few things:

1. Shula's been calling good schemes in my opinion the past 2 weeks. I think our planning as a whole has been pretty damn. An aside from getting blown out against the Giants and Broncos last year, scheming has never really been our issue. Deangelo blew the game against Seattle and Cam missed several deep throws that could have changed the game last week.

2. If our team were healthy right now I think either A. We wouldn't be 0-2 right now, or B. We could at least beat the Giants. The problem is that with our depleted secondary I fear that Rivera has lost his chance to prove himself as a coach. He no longer has the talent(as slim as it was) in the secondary to keep the game close and finally make game winning decisions. I think he may have screwed himself over before he even knows it.

Injuries IMO shouldn't alter your stance on this squad. All teams have them and ours aren't bad.

2 RBs down....well so what, we had too many to begin with. Can't use the injury excuse there one the lone positive about how a comically built backfield is so injury won't impact things greatly.

That just brings is to most likely to just having S issues. We have had S issues for years now. It isn't like we went from a strength to suddenly a weakness losing Godfrey and a guy we picked up week 1. Yeah, it impacts things but all teams deal with that.

Our secondary was a dumpter fire to start the season. It just remains one. Nothing really has changed

#36 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

It is simply time for this team and coaches to stop being other teams' highlight reel (both weekly and for the year)

and it is really as simple than that.

Until they stop doing that, call me a realist.

#37 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,255 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

Don't care about Rivera's job (until Monday anyway). I want to win not to save his job, but to shut the mouths of all the goddamn motherfuging asshole shithead giants fans that will be there.  I really fuging hope I can walk down the ramps with a win for once, and listen to the sweet silence of those fugtards. 

#38 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

I'll be in my seat Sunday CRA but I don't expect much

#39 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

No...it tells you that he understands the strengths and weaknesses of his oppponent, and it trying to exploit it.

The Seahawks have one of the best secondaries in football and were without two of their starting DLinemen. Based on that info, featuring the running game is the RIGHT coaching decision.

On the flip side, the Bills were without two of their starting DB's. Based on that info, featuring the passing game is the RIGHT coaching decision.

Problem is....the offense did not execure.

True, but the fact that we can run the ball effectively should not have been ignored when we played Buffalo.
I know it's not trendy now, but establishing the run game isn't a bad idea. Our game plan versus Seattle would have beaten Buffalo.

#40 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,922 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

We have a team that easily should be 2-0 if not for some small blunders (be it player or coach).

Now for reason people are acting like we are the Jaguars about to play Seattle at home or something....

We will win this Sunday. Why? Bc despite what appears to be the same ole same ole isn't. The most explosive and biggest game changer that steps on the field plays for who? He plays for Carolina. I ask you this....how many times has he been "meh 3 games in a row".

Cam seems different. I also think Shula is showing he is going to keep adjusting until he finds our comfort zone. That wasn't going to happen off the bat. I think he finds it for Cam this week.

Too early to be rooting for RR to be fired and sayif the season is lost. Season isn't lost yet...we have sat through so many of those that everyone needs to quit being in a rush to be in another. We aren't yet.

I'm with you CRA.

#41 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,922 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

I'll be in my seat Sunday CRA but I don't expect much

I'll be there to fighting the good fight. I hope the rest of Panther Nation shows up.

#42 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,922 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

Don't care about Rivera's job (until Monday anyway). I want to win not to save his job, but to shut the mouths of all the goddamn motherfuging asshole shithead giants fans that will be there. I really fuging hope I can walk down the ramps with a win for once, and listen to the sweet silence of those fugtards.

fug yes. This right here is reason enough for a W. Those that don't go, just don't know.

#43 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,650 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:29 AM

there is a difference between rooting for the team to win regardless of record. I will always do that. And knowing that investing that much emotion, money and time is being wasteful. I will always do 2 out of the 3, 1 of those i will no longer do until things change. I will always feel like we have a chance to win every sunday because of the talent on this team, but i will always feel like we have a chance to lose late in the game because of RR. That is why this board is being a debbie downer.

furthermore, i believe in cam, luke, cj, hardy, star, td, smitty, kalil and those guys. i don't believe in this coaching staff.

#44 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,635 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

I'll be there to fighting the good fight. I hope the rest of Panther Nation shows up.

i hope for your sake the team shows up ready to win instead of let the game slip away and make excuses for it.

#45 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

Initially after the Bills loss I said I was done. It's really the only time I get to hang out with my old man since he's stationed in Fayetteville. I meet him in Charlotte on game days. Sometimes my fiancée comes up with me but usually just goes to South Park. She's only been to one game. I couldn't even buy her a seat she wouldn't use it. Can't blame her really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com