Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greg Cosell: Cam has no consistency

225 posts in this topic

Posted

After reviewing the first two weeks' game tape, here is what Cosell had to say. It ain't good.

"You know, every once in a while, he teases with his arm talent, but there's no consistency to his play," Cosell said. "And there's two things that you need ... No. 1, he's very erratic with his accuracy and, No. 2, he does not see the field well. And it's really hard to be a quality NFL quarterback when you're lacking those two things."

He does not throw the ball with consistency. There's very little refinement to his game. He's just a big man with a strong arm," Cosell said on this week's FantasyGuru.com Podcast.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000247621/article/greg-cosell-no-consistency-to-cam-newtons-play?campaign=Twitter_atl

I think this speaks to the quality of his coaches, because I don't think anyone questions Cam's work ethic or desire to improve.

3 people like this

Posted

Couldn't agree more. Been saying this for two weeks, and he is getting worse not better guys.

3 people like this

Posted

Coaching.

2 people like this

Posted

well, his QB coach left him for a better paying gig.

shula should have stayed as his QB coach and the team should have hired a different OC.

i thought having shula as his OC was supposed to be better for him.

but hey....at least cam is learning how to be a game manager and he's also learning how to throw into a bucket.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey but maybe he'll start making some throws into the trashcans.

Posted

Coaching.

Come on, they are trying, even brought out the trash cans this week.

1 person likes this

Posted

Rayzor and I discussed in another thread... I think these coaches are trying to shoehorn Cam into playing the way they want not the way he plays best.

He's trying to think too much instead of just playing... Cam is more of an instinctual type player...

Look what happens when we either speed up the tempo or he gets in trouble and has to scramble... he's brilliant.

9 people like this

Posted

Rayzor and I discussed in another thread... I think these coaches are trying to shoehorn Cam into playing the way they want not the way he plays best.

He's trying to think too much instead of just playing... Cam is more of an instinctual type player...

Look what happens when we either speed up the tempo or he gets in trouble and has to scramble... he's brilliant.

Brilliant, no. He does amazing things when he runs. But can he scramble and make a pinpoint pass over 10 yards, fug no. He's no Russell Wilson or Big Ben when it comes to throwing on the run, throwing as in, you know being a QB.

Posted

That's my QB man.  He's brilliant dammit.

3 people like this

Posted

Ever notice that the same morons that blame Chud for DeAngelo's disappearance the past two years (it's the cute scheme, brah) put the blame on Cam for having to run an offense that's not suited to his strengths?

5 people like this

Posted

This is very concerning. We can all see this, you don't have to be a scout. 

Bobby Wagner said it best, Cam cannot win games on a consitant basis with his arm.

1 person likes this

Posted

Brilliant, no. He does amazing things when he runs. But can he scramble and make a pinpoint pass over 10 yards, fug no. He's no Russell Wilson or Big Ben when it comes to throwing on the run, throwing as in, you know being a QB.

Yes, he can and does.

6 people like this