224 replies to this topic

#151 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

He is when he should have gotten a TD instead of a FG.  Then the defense wouldn't have been in that position.  With most of the starting secondary out.  But the other issue is how in the world could you not rush a rookie QB.  Send a LB up the middle to get extra pressure!

I was thinking the same thing. Isn't that the universally accepted game plan for all rookie QBs - at least until they force you out of it?

But then I noticed we suck at man-to-man. Receivers beat our DBs/LBs in less than 2 seconds. Though I guess we could have run some zone blitzes or something to pressure him.

#152 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

Newton played one year of legit college football and we knowingly drafted a very raw player.

This guy isn't willing me he is raw with work needed? Wow!!!! This guy has such insight!!

The raw inconsistent kid is on pace to rewrite history books....that isn't bad.

Context matters and he ignores a lot

#153 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

We have a very good offensive line - and Manuel has excellent peripheral vision and a quick ball release.  All things I don't see in your team and qb

The Bills oline is alot better than I thought. But if you're trying to insinuate that Manuel is on Cam's level - really?

The Bills receiving core is pretty good as a unit. Woods made some huge plays. And most of Manuel's completions were to guys with 2-3 yards of separation. In other words, they were wide open.

The Bills are better at offensive play calling as well.

#154 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,535 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

Exactly what I've been saying forever now: inconsistency, inaccuracy, and lack of vision.

No one wanted to listen to me until a guy like Cosell comes out and now everyone finally starts to see the problem with Cam. It's all koo since I have little credibility. At least I'm correct.

#155 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,151 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

We have a very good offensive line - and Manuel has excellent peripheral vision and a quick ball release.  All things I don't see in your team and qb

Come back when EJ breaks a few of Cam's records. Until then you're being silly.

#156 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,900 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

Exactly what I've been saying forever now: inconsistency, inaccuracy, and lack of vision.

No one wanted to listen to me until a guy like Cosell comes out and now everyone finally starts to see the problem with Cam. It's all koo since I have little credibility. At least I'm correct.

no one listens to you because you're one of the worst posters in the history of this forum

#157 tjmurray

tjmurray

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

Giving cam a few very quick high percentage passes once in a while would help.

Giving him a bunch of worthless passing plays that take 5 seconds to develop is killing his career.

When the season is over Cam needs another couple months with Weinke in Florida and come back to OTA's when a legit offensive coaching staff is in place.

I agree 100%

#158 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,163 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

We have a very good offensive line - and Manuel has excellent peripheral vision and a quick ball release. All things I don't see in your team and qb

Nobody cares. Go back to your own message board.

#159 Former Bill On Vacation

Former Bill On Vacation

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

Come back when EJ breaks a few of Cam's records. Until then you're being silly.

Records mean little to nothing - its wins and last minute winning drives that make the difference between an average qb and one who is superb.  Manuel showed the moxie of a NFL vet against your team last Sunday and newton was the one left looking the part of a rookie.

How many game winning drives in under 2 minutes has Newton produced this far into his nfl career anyway?

#160 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

Records mean little to nothing - its wins and last minute winning drives that make the difference between an average qb and one who is superb. Manuel showed the moxie of a NFL vet against your team last Sunday and newton was the one left looking the part of a rookie.

Because he got bailed out on a ticky tack call after throwing the game sealing interception? Then threw it to a wide open guy in the endzone and then proceeded to cry like a little school girl.
Your right how about that moxie.

#161 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,163 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

Records mean little to nothing - its wins and last minute winning drives that make the difference between an average qb and one who is superb. Manuel showed the moxie of a NFL vet against your team last Sunday and newton was the one left looking the part of a rookie.

How many game winning drives in under 2 minutes has Newton produced this far into his nfl career anyway?

This guys rhetoric seems strangely familiar. I think he's just a Cam troll pretending to be a Bills fan.

#162 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

Winning? Team sport. Teams can also lose them.

Manuel has not been impressive. He plays like a rookie who isn't very good. Your team is just is playing good around him. Goes back to the team theme.

His great moxie drive? Nah, Rivera's long history of giving those games away proves what happened....Carolina just gave it to Buffalo much more so than Buffalo winning it late.

#163 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,900 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

i wonder what it's like to conceptualize football when your idea of a team consists of a quarterback and 52 tackling sleds

#164 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,535 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

no one listens to you because you're one of the worst posters in the history of this forum

Of course Im one of the worst posters on here.

Posters who posts the truths = bad posters

Posters who are homers = great posters

#165 section543

section543

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

I agree this "offense" may not totally utilize Cam's abilities. BUT, that doesn't excuse the accuracy issues when he has time, and poor mechanics. I don't care how bad you think Shula and coaches are, if we can see mechanics( and seeing the field) are suffering, I'm sure they can too and are trying to get Cam to work on them.

Is he listening to them? If not, who would he listen too?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.