• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#31 Former Bill On Vacation

Former Bill On Vacation

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

Wilson is a better qb than Newton - hate to break it to you but its the truth.

#32 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,964 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

Wilson is a better qb than Newton - hate to break it to you but its the truth.

yeah that doesn't answer the original question

why can russell complete 8 passes and the seahawks win in a blowout

and...go

#33 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,268 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

Pop question what happens if Cam only completes 8 passes this Sunday? We probably lose by 65678488955787557.

Russell Wilson wins by 26. Why? Complete football team. They don't always need Wilson to win it. They need him to not fug it up.

But but but....the media never talks about everything else around a QB so it must not matter.

Those QBs can also turn the ball over MULTIPLE times in a game and win.

#34 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,964 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

this fanbase has just gone full retard

we give up a backbreaking walk off touchdown to a rookie quarterback in his second career start on a drive that included an awful penalty and a DB who literally didn't know his responsibility in coverage and most people are irate about our quarterback missing some deep balls and "blowing an opportunity to win the game" when the coaching staff wouldn't let him even try on a down and distance he converts in his sleep.

#35 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,448 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

Pop question what happens if Cam only completes 8 passes this Sunday? We probably lose by 65678488955787557.

Russell Wilson wins by 26. Why? Complete football team. They don't always need Wilson to win it. They need him to not fug it up.

Exactly. On the flip side of that, what happens when Colin Kaepernick throws 3 INT's and 0 TD's? Nobody notices.

#36 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,268 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

this fanbase has just gone full retard

we give up a backbreaking walk off touchdown to a rookie quarterback in his second career start on a drive that included an awful penalty and a DB who literally didn't know his responsibility in coverage and most people are irate about our quarterback missing some deep balls and "blowing an opportunity to win the game" when the coaching staff wouldn't let him even try on a down and distance he converts in his sleep.

Yep.

If Cam had a real team around him he could of started his career of with double digit win seasons each year.

People gloss over how football games are won and lost. Cam isn't our problem. From a media standpoint.....he is the only thing worth talking about nationally so they do it. Our fanbase? I dot get our collective logic. Newton is one of our few brightspots

#37 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

Exactly. On the flip side of that, what happens when Colin Kaepernick throws 3 INT's and 0 TD's? Nobody notices.

Espn sure swept it under the rug. All they said was well that's what you can expect when facing this Seattle defense he's a good young player nothing to be ashamed of.

Cam completes 70% of his passes with no turnovers and a td and the headlines are "Cam Newton struggles"

#38 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,885 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

I think a lot of people actually hit it on the head in this thread.

It isn't so much that Cam is playing bad as it is people are upset he isn't single handedly winning more games.

At this point there are only four QBs in the entire NFL that are good enough to consistently win games while simultaneously masking major deficiencies on their teams. Brady, Peyton, Brees, and Rodgers.

And even Brees couldn't mask that pooty defense last season.

#39 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,963 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

The pressure is on the coaching staff this season, and next season the pressure will shift to Cam imo.

#40 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 3,139 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

Pop quiz, hotshot, what happens if Cam only completes 8 passes this Sunday? We probably lose by 65678488955787557.

fixed

#41 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,415 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:14 AM

"Maybe the pressure is getting to Cam"

You said a mouthful there pal.

Maybe if he made a decision, planted his foot, and threw some strikes he would learn where relief comes from in this league. Till then the screws tighten with each failed play.

That's the gig.

#42 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,804 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:13 AM

let me get this straight.............

It's not Cam's fault........he doesn't have any talent around him.

Rivera sucks.........with the talent on this team we should be division winners.

#43 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

let me get this straight.............

It's not Cam's fault........he doesn't have any talent around him.

Rivera sucks.........with the talent on this team we should be division winners.

Rivera's problem is game management and decision making. He wants this team to be about defense. That's where he spends his time and draft picks. This team has been built around defense not Cam Newton.

Rivera's press conference after the season he said the biggest thing this offseason would be about would be getting Cam Newton some guys around him that can make plays. So what does this team do? Draft two DTs with the first two picks. Where does that have us? Ranked 19th in rush defense(Worse than last season).

Star is playing great but everyone else on that line is meh.

The reason I give Cam a pass? Is because they haven't built this team around him. Once they do I'll be as critical of him as anyone.

Since he's been drafted the only other offensive player we have drafted that has played this year is Amini.

-So he has no right side protection and I mean none.
-A 34 year old 5'9 receiver as his primary target
-A #2 Wr that should be a 3/4
-A #3 Wr that has been a bust
-A App state qb converted into a wr
-A guy named Hixon that can't get on the field
-A qb coach that is learning on the job
-A oc that has been ran out of everywhere he's been
-And a head coach that nobody wanted

All I know is Cam has been extremely successful everyone he's gone including here; winning Rookie of the year and all of the records I don't have to list them all. The only thing Cam Newton doesn't have in the Nfl is wins.

Every qb has flaws that wins disguise. It's going to take more than Cam Newton playing better to get wins on this team.

#44 camtheone

camtheone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

I don't really buy into the too much pressure to win causing issues...I believe that just goes back to game planning....He gets paid like the rest of team to go out and play and hopefully win.....these guys as all of the NFL have had pressure on them for a long time I'm sure......the only difference now is they get a paycheck to do it....you don't think he had pressure on him when he played at a JUCO......you don't think he had pressure to win when he played all those big time games at Auburn??  Cam will step it up he will play like he should...I think Cam was pressing this last game or whatever you wanna call it....because Shula heard the critics about how we didn't throw the ball at all vertical and he really got on cam to go vertical more, so cam felt like he need to fix that problem so therefore trying to reaching for plays that sometimes were not there...Going vertical especially with some of the speed we have is good to keep the Def honest but play to the mans other strengths....Keep using Olsen....Finally last week Olsen showed who he can be, unlike in the 1st game where he had two hug drops...and I think 3 in all...I think all will be figured out soon enough and we'll actually walk away with a W this sunday and get a much thought of horrible bye week so early but I think for us it comes at the perfect time now....KEEP POUNDING!!!

#45 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

It looks like he is getting a reputation in the league as not too good of a passer. I dunno.. He needs to step up and prove doubters wrong.

what makes his passing one dimensional is having one legit target! That's been the problem for the panthers for years. Everyone sipped and got drunk of the Lafell and Edwards kool-aid and are still buzzing. LaFell is #2 by default and Edwards in wishful thinking.We have coaching and offensive issues that are killing Cam's rep. So yes it is a lot of pressure he puts on himself because the staff sucks, the receivers suck, the stopless secondary sucks, the Oline SUCCCCCCCCCKS! 

okay I'm back now dude,I needed a good rant though. It preps me for game time losses. peace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com