Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Lovie Smith is just what the Panthers need.

81 posts in this topic

Posted

Lovie Smith is absolutely who I want. He is out of the job right now so I would love to see him named HC this Monday, although I know that is not going to happen.

I cannot think of another guy I would want on the sideline that much, except maybe Les Miles. Okay, so I am not seriously about Miles, just think it would be funny going from a guy who never goes for it to one that seems to on a whim.

Exactly, just makes too much sense. Why in the blue hell would you hire a prospect like Perry Fewell who is a D coordinator with no NFL HC experience when I can just hire Lovie Smith who is a D coordinator that has winning track record as a HC, its common sense. Now ofcourse I know there are money issues and if he wants to coach here, but this is assuming those things arent a factor.

Posted

If JR wants to be conservative there is nothing more conservative than a hiring a defensive minded HC that as a solid track record instead of takin a risk on a unproven commodity. And you guys have to admit it would be kind of funny seeing Ron get screwed over by another Bear yet again.

Posted

We don't need another head coach who doesn't have a clue what to do with the offense.

This.

Posted

Had never thought about, but I absolutly see the logic. I could see it, I'd really like the hire the more I think about it. Good call....

Do agree that we somebody that can handle the O. Bringing somebody new in every 2-3 years is garbage....

Posted

Who's the oc? Then ill form an opinion

Posted

i would actually be excited about this provided we brought in a competent, innovative OC willing to work with cam's strengths and build an offense around him. lovie's biggest problem during his last years with the bears was mike martz, and - admittedly this is an outsider's observation - i think it's ultimately what dragged him down.

get a legit OC, pair him with lovie smith, couple them both to competent drafting and roster management under gettleman, and i think you've got a perennial winner.

Posted

Lol why does zod let you make threads?

Posted

How bout lovie as a DC under an offensive minded coach. Id be all for that.

Posted

Just get a proven NFL head coach and an offensive coordinator that has proven he knows how to use a qb like cam

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

Joke thread? We hate the way that Ron Rivera coaches, so let's hire Ron Rivera!

Posted

He was given plenty of time in Chicago, so no. Besides, every time I hear that name I think of a 3 hour tour.

Posted

Joke thread? We hate the way that Ron Rivera coaches, so let's hire Ron Rivera!

Lol wut? The only thing Rivera and Lovie have in common is both are former D coordinators and former Bears. Lovie is an immensly better HC than Rivera. You might as well say Lovie and Singletary are the same and thats just absurd.