Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CharlottePanther

Why Lovie Smith is just what the Panthers need.

81 posts in this topic

Yeah, Lovie would be a good pick up if it came down to the same former defensive coordinator route for HCs in Carolina.  Yet we clearly need to go another route. 

At first this sounded like a good idea...then a few seconds later realized that Lovie is a D guy who does not know how to coach an offense.  How many times do we need to do that? No more I hope.

No thanks. After seeing his offense in Chicago, I wouldn't want that anywhere near this team. It's time for some real innovation.

We've reached a point in the NFL where you either keep up with the innovation, or you become irrelevant. Lovie Smith has not kept up.

No.... just,no.

Rivera is a product of that coaching tree.

I like this idea. He needs a good OC and he will win some games. He would also have a ton of motivation to prove the bears wrong since they just fired him after a 10-6 season.

Again... Ron Rivera is the product of Lovie Smith's training and coaching.

what did he ever do to make anyone think he's a good coach?  He only made the playoffs 3 times, and only won 3 playoff games.  He'd be Fox 3.0.  Please...no more.

I want something different from defensive coordinators and d-minded coaches. I just want big change of ideas, coaches, players in some areas, at this point. With a QB like ours, I'd rather get an OC or something. We've focused quite a bit on our defense, it's time in my opinion to show some love to the offense with an offense-minded coach and offensive draft picks.

1 person likes this

It took Lovie Smith leaving to get Jay Cutler an O-line. Guy spent more time on his back than a hooker and they get a new head coach, draft right and guess what? Jay Cutler hasn't been sacked yet.

No thanks. 

Do not want Lovie Smith. Why would we want to hire a guy who was on the hot seat for virtually his whole tenure? Ron Rivera all over again if you ask me.