Photo
- - - - -

Why Lovie Smith is just what the Panthers need.

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_KingKam_*

Guest_KingKam_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

We need an offense coach so we can be like jon gruden's superbowl tempa bay.

#32 methodtoll

methodtoll

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • LocationToccoa, GA

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

We need an offense coach so we can be like jon gruden's superbowl tempa bay.

You do realize that the only reason they won the Superbowl that year was because of Tony Dungy's defense.

Gruden is overrated and players hated playing for him.

Now Jay Gruden on the other hand...

Sent from my XT907 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#33 KillaCamNewton

KillaCamNewton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

id jump all over lovie as long as he brings in a proven OC. not sure why lovie is getting so much hate on here. he took a team with rex grossman playing QB to the super bowl and people forget that the last two years the bears started 7-3 and 7-1 before cutler got hurt and they had to play guys off the street at QB. the bears couldve easily won 12 games each of the past 2 seasons if cutler was healthy and thats in a pretty brutal division. comparing him to rivera is flat out stupid. smith has proven that he will win the majority of his games and that players wanna play for him, ill take that over trying to chase a lottery ticket by hiring a college coach or another coordinator. people forget that for every jim harbaugh theres a steve spurrier and for every sean payton theres a todd haley

#34 methodtoll

methodtoll

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • LocationToccoa, GA

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

id jump all over lovie as long as he brings in a proven OC. not sure why lovie is getting so much hate on here. he took a team with rex grossman playing QB to the super bowl and people forget that the last two years the bears started 7-3 and 7-1 before cutler got hurt and they had to play guys off the street at QB. the bears couldve easily won 12 games each of the past 2 seasons if cutler was healthy and thats in a pretty brutal division. comparing him to rivera is flat out stupid. smith has proven that he will win the majority of his games and that players wanna play for him, ill take that over trying to chase a lottery ticket by hiring a college coach or another coordinator. people forget that for every jim harbaugh theres a steve spurrier and for every sean payton theres a todd haley

On top of that, Smith isn't stupid
.... I am sure he would hire a OC who can adapt to Cam's abilities.

#35 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

I'm pretty sure the Lions D Coordinator is already on JR's radar. haha lawl that rhymes.

#36 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

I'd love Lovie here, but i'm sure he'll ask for more than what JR is willing to pay, which is a McDonald's store mgr salary

#37 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

HUDDLER

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

This.. People here said no to Andy Reid last season and he has the Chiefs at 3-0 with Alex Smith at QB.

#38 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,218 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

I wouldn't hate it

I would.

#39 -13 Amp-

-13 Amp-

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationShelby, NC

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

You do realize that the only reason they won the Superbowl that year was because of Tony Dungy's defense.

Gruden is overrated and players hated playing for him.

Now Jay Gruden on the other hand...

Tied into the fact that he played his old team in which the new head coach kept gruden's play book

#40 Pazhoosier89

Pazhoosier89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

Lovie reminds me too much of Fox. I'll pass.

#41 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

Would not mind.

#42 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

I'm on the train of thought that I wouldn't mind if Lovie was hired as our HC, but who the OC is plays a BIG role.  If we can get a good OC to go with Smith, I'd be all for it.

#43 Semaj

Semaj

FIRE RON RIVERA

• HUDDLER
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationPalm Coast, Fl

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

The guy is a near sure bet. This isnt like hiring a Gruden or Cowher who has been out of the game for eons. This is a guy that has only been out one season. No Lovie isnt a sexy flashy hire with a sexy flashy Lombardi but he would an immense upgrade over Rivera. He was only fired in Chicago because they wanted a SB. I would just be happy as a perrenial playoff contender and Lovie Smith would provide just that.

I remember a lot of people here didnt want Andy Reid and he seems to be dong work in KC. Im tired of constantly rebuilding and hiring a up and coming coordinator or college coach wouod be just that. With our personnel, hiring Lovie would make us immediate playoff contenders in one season.

I want a superbowl win. If he can't do that, then no thank you.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#44 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,584 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

As long as he wouldn't think Mike Martz would be a solid OC.

#45 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,223 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

Yeah this just isn't even a road I wanna go down. No.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com