Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kevin Sumlin Christ-Wagon Thread

76 posts in this topic

Posted

SUMLIN for HC 2014!!!!

This thread should be "pinned"!

Posted

Best believe this thread will still be well and alive when the search really gets underway.

Posted

I know it's the third week of the season and this thread could be locked but I seriously don't care.  This dude is everything I dream of in our next head coach, I seriously can't even fathom what he'd do with Cam.  Cam would be a top 3 weapon in the league under Sumlin.  UNfortunately JR is a fuging dumbass when it comes to hiring coaches so the chances of him spending a lot of $$$ and ceding full personnel control to a young, flashy college coach is probably less than 1 but for now I'm holding out hope.  Anyone else dreaming of this dude?

Found people exploring this topic:

http://www.secrant.com/rant/p/44642956/Kevin-Sumlin-to-the-Carolina-Panthers.aspx

Posted

Yeah, Shaw ain't going anywhere. Sumlin would be a grand silver medal.

Posted

Seeing as potential head coaches are warned of Richardson I wouldn't expect anyone worth a s*** coming here. We will probably go with another coach that has been passed over by 9 other teams again...

Posted

200,000k says we'll hire Fewell, Zimmer, or Nolan.

Posted

Why get the Pupil when you can get the Master?

1 person likes this

Posted

Get Lovie as HC, and let Sumlin be OC. Best of both worlds.

Do what it takes to have a winning team, by hiring a winning coaching staff.

Posted

I think most of us are in agreement that the Panthers need to use the Air Raid Offense.  It fits best for Cam and lets him make audibles at the line.  The Wide receivers would benefit too.

Posted

Get Lovie as HC, and let Sumlin be OC. Best of both worlds.

Do what it takes to have a winning team, by hiring a winning coaching staff.

Summlin isnt taking a OC position. He is one of the hottest HC's in the country. 

Posted

Summlin isnt taking a OC position. He is one of the hottest HC's in the country.

Please enlighten me. How is he one of the hottest HCs in the country. Because his QB won the Heisman? Because every college HC deserves to be a pro HC? What has he done to warrant being a NFL HC? Let alone being one of the "Hottest"?

His team cannot play Defense. But I guess if you can play Offense you don't need Defense? Personally, I would rather have him as an OC, where he would not have to worry about D, cuz he does not seem to have a plan for that side of the ball as of now.

Being an OC is a stepping stone to becoming a NFL HC. No reason to think he will be going straight to HC after one good year of college Offense.

As I have said. Bring him in under Lovie. Let him learn the pro game for a few years. Then replace him with the next "Hottest" when he leaves.

Too many around here fall in love too quickly. Sumlin has not proven anything yet.

Posted

I assure you, Sumlin won't be sought after for a OC position. Honestly, why the fug would he accept a demotion? The fact is Sumlin will make more dough and receive more recognition at Texas A&M as a Head Coach than him as an OC in the NFL.