Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kevin Sumlin Christ-Wagon Thread

76 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Sumlin's defense gives up .5 yards per play more than Saban's. If you're going to look at his team's defense, you have to adjust for the pace of his games.

Anyway, there aren't coaches with great knowledge of both offense and defense. A good coordinator must stick around to cover his weak spot. McDermott would be a good one.

Posted · Report post

Sumlin - college; Bevell, Dennison - NFL

Posted · Report post

Another offseason looking for a HC...feels too soon

Posted · Report post

Sumlin's defense gives up .5 yards per play more than Saban's. If you're going to look at his team's defense, you have to adjust for the pace of his games.

Anyway, there aren't coaches with great knowledge of both offense and defense. A good coordinator must stick around to cover his weak spot. McDermott would be a good one.

That's the story in Philly too.

Not much to go on yet, but the results aren't that great so far.

Posted · Report post

Another offseason looking for a HC...feels too soon

Between the Panthers and Bobcats, I feel like my teams never have a complete identity..

Posted · Report post

You know, Whisenhunt isn't a bad idea. Look at what he did at Arizona without a franchise QB. His firing was unfair.

Posted · Report post

We need Dirk Koetter. Problem solved.

Posted · Report post

I think it's more impressive with Rivers simply because they've been losing for awhile now. He probably worked hard to get rid of that loser cloud that hungover the Chargers. When you lose that much it can affect you is the point I'm trying to convey. Obviously Rivers is more talented than Manziel because he's already been drafted into the NFL and has been a starting QB.

Rivers had one bad year. The chargers were a force for a long time. The brain trust didn't do a great job replenishing talent around him.

Posted · Report post

So the Kiffin thread gets locked immediately but the Sumlin thread keeps going and going and going.

LMAO.

Fuggin mods.

Posted · Report post

Maybe because Kiffin is a shitty game day coach, and it would be ridiculously stupid to bring him here? 

Posted · Report post

Don't count RR out just yet... this team could make a playoff run and surprise everyone. Then again planet Earth could be hit by giant green tomatoes also...