Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CardiacCats

Kevin Sumlin Christ-Wagon Thread

76 posts in this topic

I admit my evaluation of college coaches leaves much to be desired. I don't really follow college football so I cant speak too in depth about them. But I stand by the decision he made.

and most importantly it won the game

I admit my evaluation of college coaches leaves much to be desired. I don't really follow college football so I cant speak too in depth about them. But I stand by the decision he made.

They had plenty of opportunities to win the game, and didn't take advantage of them due to poor play calling though.  Also, even as good as Chuckie Keeton is a victory against Utah State should never be in doubt.  Just like a victory against Washington State should be a certainty, but Kiffin made both games much closer then they should have been....

They had plenty of opportunities to win the game, and didn't take advantage of them due to poor play calling though.  Also, even as good as Chuckie Keeton is a victory against Utah State should never be in doubt.  Just like a victory against Washington State should be a certainty, but Kiffin made both games much closer then they should have been....

nobodys perfect.  But the good ones win. period.

Its happening right now with the Pats.  I hate the Pats. But they still win. Belicheat is a good coach.

nobodys perfect.  But the good ones win. period.

Its happening right now with the Pats.  I hate the Pats. But they still win. Belicheat is a good coach.

I understand nobodies perfect.  But you should at least be a good play caller to manage an offense at USC, which he's not.

If it weren't for Al Golden loving the 3-4 scheme, I'd like to see him get an interview too. He's a former TE but somehow got a defensive coordinator job (and eventually head coach). The guy turned around Temple and Miami.

No thanks to Sumlin.  I haven't watched a whole lot of Texas A&M's offense over the last couple of years, but from the games I've watched, his gameplan is basically "QB run around and make a play".  That is just a little too simplistic for NFL defenses to shut down.

Kiffin was a pro coach (briefly) and he was awful.

Plenty of so called "Hottest" college coaches have failed in the NFL.

Personally. Give me a HC that can lead. An OC who knows the game. A DC that can teach. A GM with evaluation skills. I be happy.

Let the other teams give those college guys the experience they need. Then I will think about them for my team.

Plenty of so called "Hottest" college coaches have failed in the NFL.

Personally. Give me a HC that can lead. An OC who knows the game. A DC that can teach. A GM with evaluation skills. I be happy.

Let the other teams give those college guys the experience they need. Then I will think about them for my team.

And miss out on the Harbaugh's and Carroll's.  You know, the coaches with probably the two best teams in the league...

1 person likes this

Kiffin was a pro coach (briefly) and he was awful.

Maybe Ron should do a stint in college. It worked for Carroll