Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CardiacCats

Kevin Sumlin Christ-Wagon Thread

I would love Shaw, he would be my #1 option.  But he's not coming to the NFL.

I would love Shaw, he would be my #1 option. But he's not coming to the NFL.

I don't think Petersen would either.

But just a hypothetical, if you were Sumlin would you rather coach the Panthers or Texas if that job also came open?

I don't think Petersen would either.

But just a hypothetical, if you were Sumlin would you rather coach the Panthers or Texas if that job also came open?

Depends on his mindset. Does he want to prove himself in the NFL, or does he want to be asked to be the savior of Texas football?

Apparently noone here seen Case Keenum in Sumlins offense. It definitely wasn't just "run around". Go look at stats. Sumlin makes his QBs look like they're on another level.

I'd still rather have Shaw.

He might.  You never know.

My personal take though: He'll have a pro DC job within 5 minuts of his termination here.

In fact if he'd been fired last year like a lot of people wanted, the Saints would be on the fast track back to the Super Bowl, imo.

Guest Spider Monkey

In fact if he'd been fired last year like a lot of people wanted, the Saints would be on the fast track back to the Super Bowl, imo.

God couldn't save that defense.

Apparently noone here seen Case Keenum in Sumlins offense. It definitely wasn't just "run around". Go look at stats. Sumlin makes his QBs look like they're on another level.

I'd still rather have Shaw.

Summlin has always made his QBs look all world. He is without doubt an offensive / qb guru, 

Exactly what we / Cam need. 

Just need to make sure we get a great DC. 

Summlin has always made his QBs look all world. He is without doubt an offensive / qb guru, 

Exactly what we / Cam need. 

Just need to make sure we get a great DC. 

My dream is Sumlin HC and Rex Ryan DC.  Bah gawd.  Sumlin is first priority though, I'll turn cart-wheels if by some miracle we hire him.

Would love Sumlin as a coach. I remember watching case keenum in houston shred D's on CBSsports. I will say it again, Sumlin and Kliff Kingsbury made Johny Football. He is a Mike Leech disciple with his own version of the Air Raid. He's not some one hit wonder to those who are college football fans.

But.....how realistic would it be for Jerry to hire him? I mean he is the anti-thesis of our previous hires.

There's considerably more running in Sumlin's air raid offense than there was in Leach's though but yeah I agree not a chance in hell Jerry is hiring this dude