Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kevin Sumlin Christ-Wagon Thread

76 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

And miss out on the Harbaugh's and Carroll's.  You know, the coaches with probably the two best teams in the league...

Harbaugh is the exception. Carrol is the rule. Carrol flopped his first time through. But hey... nice try.

Posted · Report post

Harbaugh is the exception. Carrol is the rule. Carrol flopped his first time through. But hey... nice try.

I'm not sure you can call making the playoffs two out of three years with the Patriots, including one AFC East title flopping.  He was also .500 or better each of his three season there.  But hey, if that's your definition of flopping I'll take some flopping in CAR....

He had a pretty terrible team in 1994 with the Jets, and was never given the opportunity to turn it around.

Posted · Report post

Maybe Ron should do a stint in college. It worked for Carroll

He might.  You never know.

My personal take though: He'll have a pro DC job within 5 minuts of his termination here.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

My personal take though: He'll have a pro DC job within 5 minuts of his termination here.

Agree, he's one of the best, if not the best DC in the league.  Would love to have him as the DC here under a new coach, but that's crazy and completely impossible....

Posted · Report post

If we go the college route I am not sure I wouldn't want guys like Shaw, Chris Petersen, or Will Muschamp before Sumlin.

I think Muschamp is well suited to be a successful NFL HC. More so than a college coach actually.

Plus I just love the way he coaches a defense.

And the lastly he has "champ" in his name, I mean c'mon

I am not 100% convinced Sumlin's offense will translate to the NFL.

Posted · Report post

I would love Shaw, he would be my #1 option.  But he's not coming to the NFL.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I would love Shaw, he would be my #1 option. But he's not coming to the NFL.

I don't think Petersen would either.

But just a hypothetical, if you were Sumlin would you rather coach the Panthers or Texas if that job also came open?

Posted · Report post

I don't think Petersen would either.

But just a hypothetical, if you were Sumlin would you rather coach the Panthers or Texas if that job also came open?

Depends on his mindset. Does he want to prove himself in the NFL, or does he want to be asked to be the savior of Texas football?

Posted · Report post

Apparently noone here seen Case Keenum in Sumlins offense. It definitely wasn't just "run around". Go look at stats. Sumlin makes his QBs look like they're on another level.

I'd still rather have Shaw.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

In fact if he'd been fired last year like a lot of people wanted, the Saints would be on the fast track back to the Super Bowl, imo.

Posted · Report post

In fact if he'd been fired last year like a lot of people wanted, the Saints would be on the fast track back to the Super Bowl, imo.

God couldn't save that defense.

Posted · Report post

Apparently noone here seen Case Keenum in Sumlins offense. It definitely wasn't just "run around". Go look at stats. Sumlin makes his QBs look like they're on another level.

I'd still rather have Shaw.

Summlin has always made his QBs look all world. He is without doubt an offensive / qb guru, 

Exactly what we / Cam need. 

Just need to make sure we get a great DC.