Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

Are Cam and Rivera adjoined at the hip?

Best Answer DRSundrop, 21 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

I think the message the OP is trying to convey is that Gettleman could possibly view our HC and QB as one. Perhaps the OP is insuating they are linked together as in they may not be here long but I dont think the OP is saying they ARE LINKED together and should GO as some of you are flaming him for.

First off, I'm completely for the Carolina Panthers not any one individual on the team. I think Cam is an exceptional QB that is inevitably linked to Rivera but I'm certain Gettleman has the knowledge to assign fault for this teams failures and shortcomings and understands that Newton can be successful in this league.

The best comment or question I've seen on our offensive woes was the other day and I don't know who said it so I'm not sure who to give credit to but someone asked "Would you put Manning in a read option offense? ..So why you keep Cam in the pocket?"

The main trouble here is that we don't know the root of the problems because we as a fanbase are kept in the dark about the inner workings of this team and can only speculate.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#1 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,630 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:54 AM

I see Dave Gettlemen as a GM that that has what he wants in players, coaches and offensive/defensive schemes all planned out in his mind.

I think we can all agree Rivera is gone but the bigger question is Cam gone with him? I think he meant his statement that Cam needs to win. By not signing a top WR or OL mean that he feels Cam has the tools to win ? He has been collecting cap space like a dog collects fleas but seems to feel we have the tools in place. Is he collecting this money to resign Cam or to replace him? I do not see Gettlemen buying the argument we did not have a Cam friendly scheme or the players he was surrounded by as being inferior. I feel he is old school and feels the qb should play in his scheme not the other way around. My opinion is we have bigger changes down the road other than Rivera.

We all like how Gettlemen has handled the cap now lets see how we like him with the changes he will make to the personal.

#2 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

Yeah, I'm sure Jerry totally hired Gettleman so he could move on from the QB he just drafted 2 years ago.

Stop.

#3 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,058 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

I don't think so, but Cam has to improve to stick around. DG can give him more time and build the supporting cast, if it doesn't work out he gets his own QB and puts him in a good situation.

I love Cam, but he has to get better in several areas or we need to part ways.

#4 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

It's fan bases like this one that unequivocally deserve to suffer with a quarterback like Jimmy Clausen.

#5 Former Bill On Vacation

Former Bill On Vacation

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:09 AM

It's fan bases like this one that unequivocally deserve to suffer with a quarterback like Jimmy Clausen.

You must be a Baptist?

#6 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,520 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:16 AM

You must be a Baptist?

Are you becoming a permanent fixture around here? Not sure why you would but I'm just curious as to why a Bills fan is still here.

#7 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

Lol you actually think Gettleman decides if Cam stays? If Cam leaves it will be because he wants to.

#8 0115

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

You must be a Baptist?

Hello there! Do you have a moment to hear great news?

#9 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,630 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:31 AM

I don't think so, but Cam has to improve to stick around. DG can give him more time and build the supporting cast, if it doesn't work out he gets his own QB and puts him in a good situation.

I love Cam, but he has to get better in several areas or we need to part ways.

I say that they are adjoined only in the context they may both need to win to stick around. I do believe Cam has more wiggle room but I also believe his window of opportunity is closing. Cam is one of the better athletes in the league no question but he needs to prove he is one of the better qbs.

I agree he needs a better supporting staff but that begs the question if Gettlemen feels that way why has he not upgraded the talent? There appears to be a disconnect.

#10 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:45 AM

Maybe we should trade Cam and draft somebody not as good as him. Sounds like a great plan.

#11 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:49 AM

Lol you actually think Gettleman decides if Cam stays? If Cam leaves it will be because he wants to.

Except we have Cam for three more years. Gettleman could easily trade him for value at some point. So yeah, it's in Gettleman's hands.

Do I think Cam is gone? I don't know. I can see both scenarios.

#12 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:52 AM

Double.

#13 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,630 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:55 AM

Maybe we should trade Cam and draft somebody not as good as him. Sounds like a great plan.

Who said that?

#14 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,058 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

Why, because we want to see our 1st overall pick cash in on his immense talent?

#15 catnip

catnip

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

Cam like every other player has to show improvement in his decisions and accuracy.  Its one thing for a wr to drop a well thrown ball but to throw 6ft over their heads or in the dirt two yards in front of them makes a poor QB.  Clausen always ran to the sidelines and threw it out of bounds. Now Clausen iis gone and its up to Cam. The Golden Calf of Bristol is a great athlete but a poor QB. Is Cam a The Golden Calf of Bristol or is he a great QB. Time will tell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com