Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

Are Cam and Rivera adjoined at the hip?

Best Answer DRSundrop, 21 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

I think the message the OP is trying to convey is that Gettleman could possibly view our HC and QB as one. Perhaps the OP is insuating they are linked together as in they may not be here long but I dont think the OP is saying they ARE LINKED together and should GO as some of you are flaming him for.

First off, I'm completely for the Carolina Panthers not any one individual on the team. I think Cam is an exceptional QB that is inevitably linked to Rivera but I'm certain Gettleman has the knowledge to assign fault for this teams failures and shortcomings and understands that Newton can be successful in this league.

The best comment or question I've seen on our offensive woes was the other day and I don't know who said it so I'm not sure who to give credit to but someone asked "Would you put Manning in a read option offense? ..So why you keep Cam in the pocket?"

The main trouble here is that we don't know the root of the problems because we as a fanbase are kept in the dark about the inner workings of this team and can only speculate.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#136 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

I love all you mother-fugers. And I don't have an IP address. Cuz I use over the air internet. Yea, that's the ticket.

Hog mollies allow you to compete. But it is the skill players that get you the wins. On this team, we have very few skill players, or quality hog mollies.

IF Rivera is gone and Gettlemen hires a new coach. That coach will have to have a plan on how to best utilize Cam. Or that coach better have an OC he trusts to best utilize Cam. Cam IS OUR FUTURE. If you don't believe that...there is no helping you.

At this point in time. Cam is being hindered by Coaching, a not so good O-line, and a lack of skill position players. Until all that changes. Cam will be crucified as a loser because he cannot single handedly lead this sad sack of a team to the playoffs.

Cam will be a Panther long after our next coach comes and goes. Unless that next coach has THE PLAN, or an OC with THE PLAN.

Just stop with all this Cam is gone stuff. Our next coach better have a Cam plan or he won't be our next coach. Simple and Plain enough?

#137 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:00 PM

This thread should have ended already. I've already showed that most 1st round QB with any success can go thru 2 or 3 coaches before they are given up on.

Another example :

How many coaches was Jason Campbell not attached to???

#138 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,088 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

Welp..........

#139 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,345 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

I think Dave Gettlemen, or even Stevie Wonder can see Ron Rivera has way more to do with the Panthers problems than Cam Newton. I'm certain of that. 

Ironically, if Rivera would have actually tried to score on that last drive (instead of trying to run the clock out) last week, Cam could have had 3 TD's 1 INT, and 280 yds with a win, and the Panthers 2-1 now. Would anyone have questioned Cam's game then? Of course not. They'd be cheering him. But that's the difference between a good head coach, and game plan. 

These things aren't perfect (lots of "ebb & flow", and variation). And Cam's HC didn't even give him a chance to extend a lead in a game (last week), cause his HC, Rivera thought a 3-6 pt lead was good enough. It was insane. SMH

That's on the HC. And I"m sure DG can see that. It's only the OP's feelings, being transferred to DG, I feel. 

Cam's safe, and always has been. 

#140 Lords0fPain

Lords0fPain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

I don't think so, but Cam has to improve to stick around. DG can give him more time and build the supporting cast, if it doesn't work out he gets his own QB and puts him in a good situation.

I love Cam, but he has to get better in several areas or we need to part ways.

He needs to used properly, the best QBs have freedom to what they do best, not when they are square pegs being forced in round holes...P Manning, Farve, Elway, Rogers, brees....don't think it MUST take years to get there. Cam (and everyone around him) does well, when he has the freedom.....

#141 Lords0fPain

Lords0fPain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

He will be the QB fans will wonder why the hell did we let him go, because of stubborn coaching, down the road...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.