I don't see anything there about moving on from Cam.
First order of business if our GM wants this offense to be successful is to fix this shitty o line. That hasn't happened.
I agree, but I was not offering my opinion, something conveniently missed here. I was offering Gettlemen's. Let's look at it from his--not your's, not mine, based on what we know:
1. Gettlemen has cash but has not brought in much on the OL....He said they need to develop chemistry and that takes time. You think he needs to do more, I think he needs to do more--but Gettlemen seems to disagree with us.
2. Gettlemen has cash and brought in 2 borderline WRs. There have not been rumors of a trade or a free agent signing, as there were with Wharton and Mikell. I want a stud WR to add to the mix, you want a stud WR to add to the mix. Gettlemen has not seemed too interested. It matters not what we think.
3. Gettlemen told Cam that it is time to Win---not 2014---now. That is the bottom line.
4. Cam has been more of a pocket passer during the first 2 games. He has had pressure, but when he has not, he has been indecisive and his accuracy is off. Gettlemen does not care about Cam '11 or '12. He wants to see what Cam '13 is going to do. Cam has displayed some things that make intelligent football experts question his ability to be that QB-that is a common opinion. He flashes and has great plays, but some defenses are able to shut him down. He seems confused and frustrated by them. The fact that Gettlemen thinks pocket passers are the way to go and the fact that Shula has Cam in the pocket is not a coincidence. This could be Cam's audition for the Gettlemen blueprint. Are the W's rolling in? Has he been effective in the pocket? After 2 games, I would say "no."
5. Gettlemen has been true to his core, and one of his philosophical foundations is that pocket passing QBs are the winners. If Cam is struggling in the pocket and the Panthers are losing, I wonder what Gettlemen would think? Give Cam $20 million per season for the next 5 year?
That does not sound like a 5-year, $110 m extension to me. It does not mean that Cam is gone either--it means what I said--there is room for speculation. Cam will have to improve, in my opinion, to get a big deal from Gettlemen. As it stands now, I am not sure he is the future. I don't care what Richardson said after 16 games. I am pretty sure you didn't read this far.