Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

Are Cam and Rivera adjoined at the hip?

Best Answer DRSundrop, 21 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

I think the message the OP is trying to convey is that Gettleman could possibly view our HC and QB as one. Perhaps the OP is insuating they are linked together as in they may not be here long but I dont think the OP is saying they ARE LINKED together and should GO as some of you are flaming him for.

First off, I'm completely for the Carolina Panthers not any one individual on the team. I think Cam is an exceptional QB that is inevitably linked to Rivera but I'm certain Gettleman has the knowledge to assign fault for this teams failures and shortcomings and understands that Newton can be successful in this league.

The best comment or question I've seen on our offensive woes was the other day and I don't know who said it so I'm not sure who to give credit to but someone asked "Would you put Manning in a read option offense? ..So why you keep Cam in the pocket?"

The main trouble here is that we don't know the root of the problems because we as a fanbase are kept in the dark about the inner workings of this team and can only speculate.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#76 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

If anyone claims to know what Gettlemen's plan is. They are fooling themselves. I would bet that JR is the only one that has a clue. But...he has to know that Cam does not have the tools he needs to succeed at this point in time. Until Cam gets all the tools he needs, you cannot judge him.

Coaching has been iffy at best. O-line has been less than iffy. Offensive talent is barely above iffy. If you expect your QB to succeed under these circumstances. You are fooling yourself.

We have two more years before we need to worry about Cam's contract. There is still plenty of time to get Cam the tools he needs to succeed.

Sure we built the D first, which may seem back-assward. But, you still need D to win. Maybe, just maybe, Gettlemen thought our Offense was going to be good enough to win. If so, you have to wonder about the job Shula has done so far. Gettlemen may have thought we were going to get Chud lite. Instead, at least til now, we have retread Shula.

The future is still bright. There is still time to turn this thing around. Coach to Cam's strengths. Play to win. Give the players the tools they need, and let them go out and play. Seems simple to me.

We are playing better than we were 2 years ago. But if we want to be contenders. We need DB, WR, and O-line help. Until that happens, Cam is going to get all the blame for us not being better. To bad, cuz the kid has been awesome to date.

Aw, screw it. Flame away.

I also like people to notice that every other team has given their young QB weapons. While we've done ????????? And expected Cam to do everything.

#77 CelibatePimp

CelibatePimp

BAMF

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

He put up tons of yards in an Air Coryell offense. Congratulations!

No QB has had more TD in their first two seasons than Cam except Dan Marino. You know, the things that wins games, TDs. If you are producing this much and your team is not winning, you must know there is something wrong somewhere.

#78 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

Even Matt Ryan gets a new toy every year.

Did Matt Ryan get better on his own or did adding Julio and Gonzo help that??

#79 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

I also like people to notice that every other team has given their young QB weapons. While we've done ????????? And expected Cam to do everything.

We've given Cam Amini basically. He's the only offensive starter we've drafted since drafting Cam.

#80 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,163 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

Some of you act like we've always had a franchise QB and it's easy to get them.

This is the problem.

Even before we drafted Cam, people were talking about just going defense #1 overall and signing damn Billy Volek of all guys as a stop gap at quarterback. If you left it up to some of our fans, we'd be in the basement forever.

#81 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,163 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

We've given Cam Amini basically. He's the only offensive starter we've drafted since drafting Cam.

Sadly true. Anytime you bring it up to people ready to run Cam out of town though, they just change the subject.

#82 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

Lets go down the list.

Dalton - gets another Rb and TE this year.

Wilson - gets Harvin

Kaep - get Boldin

Ponder - get Patterson and Jennings

Luck - gets Richardson

Bradford - gets Austin , Baily , and Cook (TE)

Locker - get 2 OG and Hunter

I can keep going if you like.

#83 CelibatePimp

CelibatePimp

BAMF

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

Lets go down the list.

Dalton - gets another Rb and TE this year.

Wilson - gets Harvin

Kaep - get Boldin

Ponder - get Patterson and Jennings

Luck - gets Richardson

Bradford - gets Austin , Baily , and Cook (TE)

Locker - get 2 OG and Hunter

I can keep going if you like.

But we got Cam Ginn and Barner.

#84 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

And for the thread topic.

Was Bradford and Spagnola attached at the hip when a new GM was brought in?  NO!!

Was Cutler and Lovie Smith attached at the hip when a new GM was brought in?? NO!!!

#85 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

And for the thread topic.

Was Bradford and Spagnola attached at the hip when a new GM was brought in? NO!!

Was Cutler and Lovie Smith attached at the hip when a new GM was brought in?? NO!!!

And Sam Bradford hasn't done a damn thing and gets paid twice as much

#86 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

So basically you have no argument for that, and are attempting to shoot holes in it by calling him a liar.

Makes sense.

You think that a casual comment made before last season is the basis for a long-term commitment and Mr. Richardson is bound to abide by it regardless of the wins and losses / productivity that followed?  You suggest that no matter what Gettlemen thinks, Mr. Richardson will override his GM because he made a comment to support his QB to a reporter in August of 2012?  You are telling others about making "sense"?

We all say things that come back to bite us.  That is the underlying point in Sorenson's article---the point you missed.  How things have changed, in other words, without actually saying it. 

I don;t even think you understood my initial point because not one thing you have said addressed it.

#87 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:50 PM

You think that a casual comment made before last season is the basis for a long-term commitment and Mr. Richardson is bound to abide by it regardless of the wins and losses / productivity that followed?  You suggest that no matter what Gettlemen thinks, Mr. Richardson will override his GM because he made a comment to support his QB to a reporter in August of 2012?  You are telling others about making "sense"?

We all say things that come back to bite us.  That is the underlying point in Sorenson's article---the point you missed.  How things have changed, in other words, without actually saying it. 

I don;t even think you understood my initial point because not one thing you have said addressed it.

this is thered we are talking about.

and now that i've said that i expect some sort of angry post back to me.

#88 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,163 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

You think that a casual comment made before last season is the basis for a long-term commitment and Mr. Richardson is bound to abide by it regardless of the wins and losses / productivity that followed? You suggest that no matter what Gettlemen thinks, Mr. Richardson will override his GM because he made a comment to support his QB to a reporter in August of 2012? You are telling others about making "sense"?

We all say things that come back to bite us. That is the underlying point in Sorenson's article---the point you missed. How things have changed, in other words, without actually saying it.

All you're giving me is your opinion, not facts. I'm sorry to break it to you, but that doesn't change what he said.

#89 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,163 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

this is thered we are talking about.

and now that i've said that i expect some sort of angry post back to me.

Hugs and kisses.

#90 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

True but G-man's experience with Eli should help him in realizing that he should ignore fan and media noise.

Eli in his 4th season threw 20 INTs played terrible in some key games. Fans were booing him and the NY Post plastered his face on the front page with the headline "Eli the Terrible"

He the went on to win the Super Bowl that same year.

That was Eli's 4th season. We are only two games into Cams third and the birds are already chirping.

Patience has always been the key to Cams development as with any young QB. It isn't like he has been defunct as a QB he just hasn't been perfect.

He will be fine I just hope we have the patience as a fan base and franchise to see it through. Judging by some of these threads I am starting to have my doubts

I am not throwing Cam to the wolves--my initial comment was that Gettlemen may decide, depending on who he hires as the next coach, that Cam is not a good fit.  Cam could eliminate that conjecture with improved play, and I am not seeing the development I hoped for.

Gettlemen would not move Cam unless he was presented with a sweet deal.  Gettlemen might like a QB in the draft or a coach who prefers a different-style qb.   If he decides to keep Cam, and he probably will, it may impact his decisions.

I see Cam's tremendous ability.  I simply would like to know--and nobody actually knows---what needs to be done to make him elite.  I am pretty sure an OL and a few stud WRs would make him better, but how much better?

Gettlemen has to make a decision in a year or two, and that decision will define his career.  Do you give Cam $120 million if you are not sure about his talent?  We are not looking at it from that perspective.   I want Cam to make that an easy decision.  If Gmen had to make it right now, I think it could go either way.  It is simply something worth discussing if people are interested in exploring what could be going on behind the scenes.  Suggesting it does not make me a hater (not suggesting you think so) but a person who is interested in the decision-making process that they face.

That is why I am upset that Cam was not given weapons or protection this year.  We may have to wait until 2014 to see how good he can actually be--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.