• 9,375 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:37 AM

http://www.washingto...8f2c_print.html

#2 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,887 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

Are you trying to show what a crap safety net we have in the US for workers? Cause great job if you are.

#3 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,375 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

yeah, the crap safety net is permanent disability, pretty sweet if you ask me

#4 ecu88

ecu88

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

Working for the NCDOR I see taxpayers abusing government safety nets all the time. Nothing new about the ponzi scheme called safety nets.

#5 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 16,813 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:22 AM

I'm fully eligible for disability and am trying my damnedest to avoid.

Must admit that taking narcotics at work makes things...interesting.

#6 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,375 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

Having something like disability is a good thing for folks like you whose back is shot and need it.  What is not good, is the government just giving out permanent benefits for folks who cannot find a job.  It deflects from the problem of joblessness and raises the government debt.  But the most beneficial thing for politicians is that it gets em votes, so fat chance of fixing the bastardization of anything related to government. They set up programs "to help the people", but in reality, just help themselves.

#7 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,421 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:49 PM

Having something like disability is a good thing for folks like you whose back is shot and need it. What is not good, is the government just giving out permanent benefits for folks who cannot find a job. It deflects from the problem of joblessness and raises the government debt. But the most beneficial thing for politicians is that it gets em votes, so fat chance of fixing the bastardization of anything related to government. They set up programs "to help the people", but in reality, just help themselves.

Sounds like you just described the liberal method for staying in power

#8 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,375 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

Pubs do it to, but generally to their corporate supporters through tax breaks.

Of course, corporations don't vote, so the Dems seem to have the best schemes

#9 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,089 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

I thought corporations were people :huh:

#10 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,409 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

Still doesn't change the fact that white collar fraud trumps this by a vast margin.  At least this puts food on their table instead of adding another Jet Ski to the dock.

#11 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,375 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

Still doesn't change the fact that white collar fraud trumps this by a vast margin.  At least this puts food on their table instead of adding another Jet Ski to the dock.

Which in real life means, "hey, this way, all we have to do now is tell them that the Pubs are gonna take it away, and it makes them pull the lever for us every time"

Now you can go back to the official story of putting food on the table.

#12 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,409 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

You obviously missed the point.  The point is, why focus attention and resources on things like this and welfare fraud till white collar fraud is lowered?  The later is way, way more in loss than the former.  Obviously all fraud needs looked into, but priorities should be made here.  Maybe your statement is true though, but what is also true is the "pubs" are taught to hate anyone that uses any assistance, even if white collar fraud is way worse, that is until the repubs need to get on unemployment themselves, then it's ok.  I blame both parties, but as long as we buy into the welfare and disability fraud being a big issue idea to cover up white collar fraud (since they put dems AND pubs in office) nothing will get solved.

#13 gospodin shuttlesworth

gospodin shuttlesworth

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

ensure full employment and equal access to healthcare, education, food, and housing, or shut the fug up about welfare. of course that's not an order or anything because obviously neither will happen because the incessant whining has nothing to do with alleged waste or fraud and everything to do with driving down salaries and benefits by forcing people to choose between working for poo pay or starving

it's p great watching pretend wealthy people argue on behalf of the super-wealthy as if they'll someday be allowed into their rich white people club if they faithfully vote for republicans and whine on the internet just a little more, when in actuality their salaries will decline as the workforce becomes even more desperate and dependent upon the parasites who do little more than possess means of production

#14 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,375 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

http://www.cbsnews.c...disability-usa/

#15 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,028 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

http://www.cbsnews.c...disability-usa/

Just about to post this.

Doesn't help that attorneys have taken over appeal process even to the level of outright fraud.

A retired Social Security judge in West Virginia collaborated with a lawyer to improperly award disability benefits to hundreds of applicants, according to a report released Monday by congressional investigators.

The report accuses retired administrative law Judge David B. Daugherty of scheming with lawyer Eric C. Conn to approve more than 1,800 cases from 2006 to 2010.

"By 2011, Mr. Conn and Judge Daugherty had collaborated on a scheme that enabled the judge to approve, in assembly-line fashion, hundreds of clients for disability benefits using manufactured medical evidence," said the report by the staff of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee.

http://abcnews.go.co...www.google.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.