Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I can't find a job, therefore, I must be disabled

19 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Are you trying to show what a crap safety net we have in the US for workers? Cause great job if you are.

Posted · Report post

yeah, the crap safety net is permanent disability, pretty sweet if you ask me

Posted · Report post

Working for the NCDOR I see taxpayers abusing government safety nets all the time. Nothing new about the ponzi scheme called safety nets.

Posted · Report post

I'm fully eligible for disability and am trying my damnedest to avoid.

Must admit that taking narcotics at work makes things...interesting.

Posted · Report post

Having something like disability is a good thing for folks like you whose back is shot and need it.  What is not good, is the government just giving out permanent benefits for folks who cannot find a job.  It deflects from the problem of joblessness and raises the government debt.  But the most beneficial thing for politicians is that it gets em votes, so fat chance of fixing the bastardization of anything related to government. They set up programs "to help the people", but in reality, just help themselves.

Posted · Report post

Having something like disability is a good thing for folks like you whose back is shot and need it. What is not good, is the government just giving out permanent benefits for folks who cannot find a job. It deflects from the problem of joblessness and raises the government debt. But the most beneficial thing for politicians is that it gets em votes, so fat chance of fixing the bastardization of anything related to government. They set up programs "to help the people", but in reality, just help themselves.

Sounds like you just described the liberal method for staying in power
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Pubs do it to, but generally to their corporate supporters through tax breaks.

Of course, corporations don't vote, so the Dems seem to have the best schemes

Posted · Report post

I thought corporations were people :huh:

Posted · Report post

Still doesn't change the fact that white collar fraud trumps this by a vast margin.  At least this puts food on their table instead of adding another Jet Ski to the dock.

Posted · Report post

Still doesn't change the fact that white collar fraud trumps this by a vast margin.  At least this puts food on their table instead of adding another Jet Ski to the dock.

Which in real life means, "hey, this way, all we have to do now is tell them that the Pubs are gonna take it away, and it makes them pull the lever for us every time"

Now you can go back to the official story of putting food on the table.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You obviously missed the point.  The point is, why focus attention and resources on things like this and welfare fraud till white collar fraud is lowered?  The later is way, way more in loss than the former.  Obviously all fraud needs looked into, but priorities should be made here.  Maybe your statement is true though, but what is also true is the "pubs" are taught to hate anyone that uses any assistance, even if white collar fraud is way worse, that is until the repubs need to get on unemployment themselves, then it's ok.  I blame both parties, but as long as we buy into the welfare and disability fraud being a big issue idea to cover up white collar fraud (since they put dems AND pubs in office) nothing will get solved.