Photo
- - - - -

Does anyone think we'll see a chicago like situation next season?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Bozarden

Bozarden

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

I could see us having a situation remarkably similar to the one going down in Chicago right now next season. New general manager who is giving the old coach a single season to show, what they are worth and ultimately deciding to part with the old coach, and go with their own guy. Going from a defensive oriented coach to an (hopefully in Carolina as well) offensive coach who knows how to get the most out of their quarterbacks. QB's with tremendous arm talent in contract year but haven't quite shown enough to demand a new contract before the end of their current ones. 

This off season the bears supplied Cutler with a whole lot of new weapons on offense and i think Gettleman is going to do the same with Cam. If it doesnt work out (which i find highly unlikely) he will bring his own Qb into a great situation and with a chance to succeed from the get go.

Am i the only one seeing a situation like this playing out next year? 

#2 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,678 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

uh they have a new coach

#3 Bozarden

Bozarden

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

Yeah, that is what i said

#4 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,678 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:17 PM

ah i get what you are saying

#5 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,416 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:20 PM

Lovie Smith, while not perfect, was still in infinitely better head coach than Ron Rivera. At least he won games.

#6 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

Ron said going for it on 4th and 1 against the bills would have been a desperation move. He just doesn't get it. We are a desperate team, we were desperate at 0-0. I think we can really open up these discussions after Sunday. We go 0-3 I think he's done. Even if we win we'll need to go on a run.

#7 cardiackat88.

cardiackat88.

NFL GURU

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:32 PM

I could see us having a situation remarkably similar to the one going down in Chicago right now next season. New general manager who is giving the old coach a single season to show, what they are worth and ultimately deciding to part with the old coach, and go with their own guy. Going from a defensive oriented coach to an (hopefully in Carolina as well) offensive coach who knows how to get the most out of their quarterbacks. QB's with tremendous arm talent in contract year but haven't quite shown enough to demand a new contract before the end of their current ones.

This off season the bears supplied Cutler with a whole lot of new weapons on offense and i think Gettleman is going to do the same with Cam. If it doesnt work out (which i find highly unlikely) he will bring his own Qb into a great situation and with a chance to succeed from the get go.

Am i the only one seeing a situation like this playing out next year?

Says you three weeks into the season.

#8 camtheone

camtheone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

Cam is the man....he will succeed when the OC lets Cam be cam....I think RR will not be fired if we lose tomorrow which we won't...but I think Shula is gone for sure....Ricky to OC then go from there....

#9 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,648 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

So if we are like Chicago next year does that mean that this year we will go 10-6 this year but barely miss the playoffs.

#10 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,316 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

No we're gonna be like the Browns. Trade our best offensive player.

#11 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

Ron said going for it on 4th and 1 against the bills would have been a desperation move. He just doesn't get it. We are a desperate team, we were desperate at 0-0. I think we can really open up these discussions after Sunday. We go 0-3 I think he's done. Even if we win we'll need to go on a run.

I think he's done already.

#12 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

you are a idiot and Rivera would have been a complete one if he had gone for it, the thread about that this year was probably the dumbest thing I have read since the guy(I think it was Panthertrain) suggested we trade Cam for a second round pick last year. The more people try and make points like that the only thing I hear is "I don't have a freaking clue what I'm talking about"

It's the truth

#13 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

fug Rivera. 

#14 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,686 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

Chicago was 10-6 last year and 7-1 before their starting QB got hurt. They were a winning team and have continued to look good with a new coach, it wasn't some turnaround from worst to first.

#15 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

we have so many holes it'll be a year or two till i think we'll be in playoff consideration.  team is gonna look a lot different next year

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com