Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

David Newton has still got Rivera's back on that 4th and 1

98 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

he's wrong.

Posted · Report post

yes, but honestly lets think about this?

Who would've have thought regardless of the score that our Defense would give up a game winning touchdown to EJ Manuel and the Bills? Sometimes we have to give credit where credit is due

i've seen this defense healthier crumble in similar situations. i have yet to see it succeed, even healthy, in those situations.

the secondary was in shambles so much so that we had beason playing the nickel.

as soon as i saw us send the FG unit on the field i knew we had just lost the game.

it was a home game. it was a desperate team (compared to our team who was led by some dummy who didn't consider a decisive action at the end of the game a desperate moment) in a desperate moment wanting to prove themselves.

it was a perfect storm against us...one that we invited.

i had no doubt whatsover that by giving them the ball we were losing that game.

i give credit to the bills for having the balls that our team lacked and for taking advantage of poo that we put on the field. i give them credit for doing what that spineless head coach we have here refuses to do and that is to finish decisively. they put us away. they finished.

we don't finish because we have a coach trying to follow some antiquated book rather than make up his own damn mind and do what it takes to win. you don't follow some formula thatwhas been proven in the past to be ok. you look at what you have on the field and on the sideline and take note of the place you are playing, your weaknesses and your strengths and you throw that book away.

and no....most coaches wouldn't do that unless they were coaches who play it safe and never reach their potential.

btw....he used as his evidence that it was ok john fox and i'll just leave that right there.

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

We've got to let that Buffalo game go fellas, it's been a week.  Now, if the same script reveals itself tomorrow, by all means let's look back and come out with pitchforks and torches.

Posted · Report post

...Riviera is a douche who doesnt have a feel for the game.....play the odds like Foxy and lose...

Posted · Report post

The biggest issue with Rivera is that he is too fuging proud for is own good. Remember he didnt want an assistant the first year for helping with in game decisions and just the hold transition as head coach. HE WANTED NO HELP, "Im learning" is all we kept hearing when continued to screw up and make bad decisions.

Putting the defense back on the field constantly just to blow games again and again not learning from his mistakes. Hey, it will work eventually right?

When asked about his job security. "Im not worried about, im gonna continue to do what i have been doing" No since of urgency like he is soft if he lets it get to him.

These things are what have cost us the past 3 years of progression and ultimately winning all because the guy refuses to concede to the fact that what he is trying to do just aint working and he needs to change things and trust people around him. Never thinking about the team but his own damn ego.

Posted · Report post

We've got to let that Buffalo game go fellas, it's been a week.  Now, if the same script reveals itself tomorrow, by all means let's look back and come out with pitchforks and torches.

people have been saying this quite a bit the last couple years.

same script keeps showing up. it keeps having the same result.

the reason people aren't letting go of this is because it keeps happening over and over.

next week has already happened.

we all know exactly what rivera is going to do when we have the lead in the fourth because it's happened so often and keeps having the same results.

that said, i don't think that same situation comes up this week because i think we get blown out.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I actually agreed with the decision but I am in the minority.

Which decision?

Running for it on 3rd and 5?

Posted · Report post

i'm intrigued by melvin white. i just wanted to throw that out there.

Me too. We could really use a big, physical corner. I hope he's good.

Posted · Report post

Which decision?

Running for it on 3rd and 5?

I am scared to say for fear of the wrath of the masses. :lol:
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I didn't read the article but I'll say this. It was the third time we've lost a game to this exact situation

Vs Tampa
Vs Atlanta and of course last week.

Also Cam is 16 of 18 on converting 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1

The team as a whole is 35 of 41 overall in this situation since Rivera took over

It wasn't 4th and 1 but Chicago also beat us with right at 2 minutes to go. We have never won a game that came down to the final possession under Rivera.

Posted · Report post

I am scared to say for fear of the wrath of the masses. :lol:

haha, okay.  you also were perfectly happy with the Seattle game, so... your opinion is worthless to me, obviously. ;)

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

haha, okay. you also were perfectly happy with the Seattle game, so... your opinion is worthless to me, obviously. ;)

Perfectly happy is a bit of an overstatement. I just thought the play calling in general was fine we just didn't capitalize on opportunities.
2 people like this