Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4th and long.... and going for it?

138 posts in this topic

Posted

He did it to jab back at all the naysayers.

Posted

Ron attempting to diffuse the perception that he has no nuts (Failed)

That had absolutely nothing to do with it.

My god, how are some of you guys this stupid?

5 people like this

Posted

I don't get what's so confusing? It was a mercy call and a pretty class move by Ron

3 people like this

Posted

I just wanted the shutout, I would have preferred a play with an opportunity to get a first down, then run it out with kneel downs.  No more points, just pick it up and end the game.

Posted

cra wow....

Posted

Okay, fine.

I just see all these people talking about wanting "killer instinct Ron" and he opts out of FGs and just gives the opponent the ball out of "mercy".

I don't like that at the NFL level. Opposing coach didn't counter and say that he would out of respect for that just run the clock out.

Our announcers even included a former NFL HC.....and it being a "mercy" offering didn't even cross his mind. I didn't like it....others can

Posted

Okay, fine.

I just see all these people talking about wanting "killer instinct Ron" and he opts out of FGs and just gives the opponent the ball out of "mercy".

I don't like that at the NFL level. Opposing coach didn't counter and say that he would out of respect for that just run the clock out.

Our announcers even included a former NFL HC.....and it being a "mercy" offering didn't even cross his mind. I didn't like it....others can

you are the smartest dumb poster

Posted

I know this is against the rules and if I need to be punished then fine.

CRA YOU ARE A fuging MORON!

Posted

It was a classy move just like Lester dropping down after the pick. Could have easily been a pick 6.

1 person likes this

Posted

Were they going to score 39 points in 4 minutes? Grab a clue. And actually they did run the ball instead of chunking it deep so yeah, yeah he did do exactly that.

No. They didn't try to run the clock out. In fact on the next possession they got after that mercy ball they called a quick timeout so they could use that next possession for own agenda.

Again, either you want a killer instinct no mercy coach or you don't....people claim they want it from Ron and today was some type of turning point for him. IMO that play just shows Ron at heart isn't that. That isn't a bad thing....necessarily I just dislike it personally at this level.

Not a coach in our division would do it.

And points matter in professional football. You don't need to try to run up scores but take what you have

1 person likes this

Posted

Rivera blowing the 40 burger.  Simple as that

Posted

They called a time out on a change of possession and pulled their starting qb. Take a break from posting.