Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A franchise record 7 sacks and 150 total yards allowed. I hope you guys can learn to like Chico. He is going to be in town a while.

39 posts in this topic

Posted

I think Rivera's gonna have to be above .500 for him to stay - but lord knows with JR, he seems to always be easily swayed by Rivera's late in the season meaningless winning streaks.

I will admit he impressed me today in some areas and he seems open to make changes after games - only thing that sucks about that is that making adjustments after the game doesn't help to win the present game. So we drop some L's to finally get the right recipe - still hurts Rivera to be slow on that.

Posted

The jury is still out, but don't bet your life on him being here just yet. One blowout win does not a coach make.

Posted

Tom Landry.

Chuck Noll

Bill Belichick.

All three are defensive minded coaches considered to be idiots by their respective fan bases after their first 3 seasons.

I am not elevating Rivera into that level yet, but in the NFL there is a strong precedent for conservative, defensive minded coaches to succeed in a big way, even after early failures.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wins, not stats, will decide Rivera's fate.

Right now the numbers aren't on his side.

Posted

Wow all the people who said ron has to go last week have sudden morphed into oh i love ron and he should get another chance. No he still doesn't bring anything special to the game and all he did this week was play with a fire for self preservation. Win or get fired and he played to win. We'll see who shows up after the bye.

1 person likes this

Posted

Tom Landry.

Chuck Noll

Bill Belichick.

All three are defensive minded coaches considered to be idiots by their respective fan bases after their first 3 seasons.

I am not elevating Rivera into that level yet, but in the NFL there is a strong precedent for conservative, defensive minded coaches to succeed in a big way, even after early failures.

Why is ron being brought up in these circles. lol this is insanity and deserving of a ban right away.

Posted

Let me see consistency first.

Posted

I've not changed my mind since last week.  I care more about how the team plays than wins and losses.  The defense is playing lights out.  And the OC called a much better game today using Cam's lets and mixing it up and not trying to force anything.  Very balanced.  

I still see Cam and the offense playing very robot like.  I'm not sold at all how that offense handles adversity during a game.  

Posted

We don't have to get used to him at all. It's pretty damn simple. If we don't make the playoffs, then he's gone.

Posted

I'm not a fan of firing a coach midseason. There are no good candidates available midseason so you have to hire an interim, and if the interim does a half-decent job teams feel obligated to keep him even though he probably sucks and they would be better served conducting a more thorough search.

That being said, playoffs or bust. I don't care how we get there or whether we blow a few more close games. If we get to the playoffs he's earned another year. If he doesn't we should move on.

Posted

Damn Rivera and his conservativeness done rubbed off on me. I'm all hype and optimistic about him and our season, but I cant help but remain conservative. Its too risky to have faith in him. Ain't that some schit, we changed roles.

Posted

If he can continue to coach like he has a set of balls, I'm cool with it. 

We've got to be less reactive and more proactive squad.  Today was a start but do consider it was against a floundering Giants squad.

I love the defense and the offense seemed more Cam driven than Shula forced which was nice.