Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Last Year 3 Games Into The Season........

41 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

the win against the saints last year was ok, but nowhere near the dominant performance we saw today, but one game is just one game. we're still battling futility.

what needs to change is that foot of rivera's needs to stay on that gas pedal and avoid tapping the brake pedal and that pink slip needs to be right there in his rearview mirror. if he slows up, he's done.

I don't honestly remember the last time I saw a performrance like today's from the Panthers, though the Giants game with Matt Moore starting comes to mind.

Coughlin's record against the Panthers is 6-2, both losses being blowouts.  I guess when it comes to Coughlin's Giants, we either lose to them or beat the snot out of 'em.

Posted · Report post

I don't honestly remember the last time I saw a performrance like today's from the Panthers, though the Giants game with Matt Moore starting comes to mind.

Coughlin's record against the Panthers is 6-2, both losses being blowouts.  I guess when it comes to Coughlin's Giants, we either lose to them or beat the snot out of 'em.

It's much like this and past year's teams ability to flash and then shut it off for long stretches.

Leaving us fans furious and pounding our heads against a wall in frustration.

Posted · Report post

The difference is that we put a Shutout.....The other is we lost the one of the best teams in the league 12-7 and really had a chance if not for a ton of stupid penalties and a big time fumble on the 8 and an OC that didn't really know his identity yet.  Now we have the ball rolling and this Def is scary scary scary for opposing teams.....I hated that we had this bye week so early but glad now so we can get a few people healthy, espeically barner....I think he'll add some electricity in our Off.  KEEP POUNDING....anyone going to PHx....drop me an email

Posted · Report post

last year in week three i walked out of the stadium hundreds of dollars poorer with a migraine and a long drive up I85 to get back home and read the meltdown on the huddle's very own chernobyl. this year in week three i bounced around with my buddies for four quarters laughing and yelling and drinking beer and helping my four-month-old sing "whooooaaa cam whoooaa" whenever we did something awesome on offense. then in solidarity with hispanic heritage month and ron's balls-out coaching job i took shots of tequila with said buddies, went to a cookout, and came home to spend the rest of the night laughing at the falcons and smiling at the meltdown on the giants board. it's a good goddamn day to be a panthers fan.

quit harshin my chill bro

7 people like this

Posted · Report post

This is the second time we have pitched the shut out against the Giants. The last time we shut them out it was int he playoffs under John Fox and we beat them 23-0.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

The Panthers were 1-2 with their only victory against a Head Coach-less New Orleans Saint team in disarray.

Trailing a 3-0 Atlanta Falcon team and tied with the Bucs for 2nd place already 2 games back.

This year the Panthers are again 1-2 with their only victory against a Giant team on the decline and in disarray.

Again tied in 2nd place 2 games back this year to the 3-0 Saints.

What does Ron Rivera and the Panthers do this year to avoid quickly falling out of contention for the NFC South Crown or a Wild Card spot as they did last year?

What's the difference this year to last?

Last year we looked like utter dog poo in those 2 losses that got us to 1-2.

This year? We have looked solid simply letting them slip away

Posted · Report post

The differences from last year:

1.  Better overall play.  There have been some lapses, but over all, we've played better.  Turned the ball over less, have found an effective running game, and Cam has taken care of the ball.

2.  Front 7 - Holy cow, having Star and KK in there....wow...

3.  Pressure - there is more of a win now mentality with the organization and the fan base.  No excuses.

Let's hope they continue to keep the pedal to the metal and unrelenting on D.  I am full of hope/feat with our back 4 on D, but they are all we have right now.  Play well guys!

Posted · Report post

2 big differences:

first is the defense:

Last year, the Panther's defense gave up 79 points in the first three games; this year they have only given up 36 points. The front 7 are considerably better this year (plus Nakamura is now gone!)

Second is the schedule:

Last year, 4 of the next 5 opponents went to the playoffs and the 5th team - Chicago - should have with a 10-6 record. This year, the Panthers are facing Arizona, Minnesota, Rams, Bucs and Atlanta. Nothing against any of them but I seriously doubt a single one of them makes the playoffs.

Yep, I like our chances this year.

Posted · Report post

I am still saying we are a 9-7 team with our schedule but let's face it. If Rivera coaches better and learns from the first two games, we can win some good games and blowout some bad teams, Just have to be aggressive . Also the Saints have yet to face a team that is not below .500. ATL is the best team they played and they are struggling this year. They will have a real challenge the next 3 weeks of the season.

Posted · Report post

Difference? How about shutting out Manning with a decimated DB. That kind of pressure with just the front 4 is gonna win you some games, and when the offense comes to life at the same time .....

Posted · Report post

Not much has changed after week 4 except 1st place is now 4-0 compared to our 1-2.

Posted · Report post

Like the sands in the hour glass...

days-of-our-lives-o.gif

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments