Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Last Year 3 Games Into The Season........

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Well the Panthers should that they can pull a shutout. Hopefully that they can keep it up like they did in the Giants game. After the bye week.

Posted

First difference that comes to mind is our D.

Next is the fact that I still do not believe the Saints are as good as their record would indicate. That D will be tested and pressure always frustrates Bree's when he can't step up in the pocket.

The giants are better than they look its just an odd set of circumstances why they look so poor. They really deflated after we went up 17-0 and knew we got the ball after the half.

This is the cats team I was looking for. Seatle was a beast and we hung tough. Buffalo was a let down "trap game" and NY was ths team finally understanding what it takes to be successful.

Prepare your bodies boys, this s abut to get good.

I would not sleep on the Saints. They are a for real team and carved up a better secondary than ours. Going to have to play smart football and contain Brees like every year.

Posted

I hope I'm wrong but right now I feel that nothing has really changed. Our defense is a little better, our running game a little more potent. But we are still beating the type of teams we beat last year and losing the same way we lost last year. I'm not going to be a believer in this team (more imporantly this coaching staff) unless we are 6-3-ish going into the NE game. Beating a team who is 0-4 doesn't make me think Rivera is competent...Show me in a game (or games) that comes down to the wire.

Posted

What is the difference?  Shula is coaching to win while Chud was coaching for a head coach job. Beyond that, players like Cam and Kuechly have a year more under the belt, the defense is much better than last year and special teams is playing much better.  What else do you need??

Posted

the difference is this year, the entire NFC is poo

Posted

Not much has changed after week 4 except 1st place is now 4-0 compared to our 1-2.

hopefully our players got healthier, smarter and more confident over the break.

BTW..............what exactly is supposed to change during a bye week ??

Posted

Like I said in my thread I earlier - they've got to go at the VERY LEAST 3-1 against the Cards/Vikes/Rams/Bucs. 

1 person likes this

Posted

and a much improved receiving corps.

Posted

Honestly the schedule is easier for the next 4 games...if they can't win at least three out of those 4, Rivera should be fired immediately.  Schedule last year was brutal until late in the year.

Posted

I would not sleep on the Saints. They are a for real team and carved up a better secondary than ours. Going to have to play smart football and contain Brees like every year.

At the time I penned this they were a 2-0 team that won in dramatic skin of their teeth ways. Now at 4-0 they seem a bit more formidable yet pressuring Brees is still the key to victory.

Posted

What's the difference this year to last?

At this point, absolutley nothing. Not in this mindset. Only difference is this year is still unwritten. The huddle is hot and cold, but in reality this team still looks like it has the same issues it has had since Rivera has some here (closing out games, same problems with players). Until Rivera wins more than loses he is still what I think he is.

Posted

At the time I penned this they were a 2-0 team that won in dramatic skin of their teeth ways. Now at 4-0 they seem a bit more formidable yet pressuring Brees is still the key to victory.

There defense still sucks but they are one of the best teams in the NFC right now. Payton is one hell of a play caller.