Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please light up Frank Garcia's twitter mentions

56 posts in this topic

Posted

Just look at his twitter conversations from the past week you'll see everything he had to say. @frankgarcia95

Thanks.  Probably check it out tomorrow.  Not long for consciousness tonight...

Posted

LOL...what does he need to admit???

That Newton passed for 223 yards and competed 55% of his passes???

Those are Alex Smith numbers.

not that I have a problem with Smith, because I don't... but Smith isn't even close to Cam.  Not even close.

Cam, in a little over 2 seasons, has only 20 less TDs than Smith has over his entire career.

Cam had 4 TDs today.  Start was rocky, but he pulled it together.

Smith has never had a 4 TD game.  Cam already has had 4 in his short time in the league.

Posted

not that I have a problem with Smith, because I don't... but Smith isn't even close to Cam.  Not even close.

Cam, in a little over 2 seasons, has only 20 less TDs than Smith has over his entire career.

Cam had 4 TDs today.  Start was rocky, but he pulled it together.

Smith has never had a 4 TD game.  Cam already has had 4 in his short time in the league.

Smith actually plays in a much more stat friendly offense for QBs too.

Posted

TonyN, why don't you tell us about how the Redskins and Robert Griffin are doing.

Deadskins and Bobby Griffin, lol.

Posted

Smith actually plays in a much more stat friendly offense for QBs too.

there was a time when people said that of our offense with Chud, too.

Cam is just that good.

As I've said the last couple weeks even when I was unhappy with the offense, Cam wasn't really "the problem."  The idea he was having a bad season is preposterous, even the first two weeks, but this week really shows that he hasn't "lost it".  He is off to arguably his best start of his career (7 total TDs, 2 INTs, 60% completion percentage, 670 yards of total offense).  By any measure of Quarterback Rating he is playing far better than past seasons by that metric, and he is making FAR fewer poor decisions.

He's not perfect... but I sometimes wonder if some of our fans really understand how special what he has done so far is...

4 people like this

Posted

there was a time when people said that of our offense with Chud, too.

Cam is just that good.

As I've said the last couple weeks even when I was unhappy with the offense, Cam wasn't really "the problem."  The idea he was having a bad season is preposterous.  He is off to arguably his best start of his career (7 total TDs, 2 INTs, 60% completion percentage, 670 yards of total offense).  By any measure of Quarterback Rating he is playing far better than past seasons by that metric, and he is making FAR fewer poor decisions.

He's not perfect... but I sometimes wonder if some of our fans really understand how special what he has done so far is...

I'd debate anybody suggesting a Coryell is more stat friendly than a WCO.

I will grant that rule changes have done a lot to open up the passing game, but that's universal.

Posted

People pointed to Anderson's good season as evidence of it.  I don't really agree with that, and I agree with you that the rules changes have benefited a lot of different passing attacks.

Alex Smith is not a bad QB, but he also isn't a great one. 

Cam may not be either, yet, but he is in elite company and I would not be surprised if in the next couple seasons pretty much everyone is finally putting him in the same category as some of the people he currently shares records with.

Yeah that may be a bit much, but I'm feeling good after this game so meh! :P

1 person likes this

Posted

People pointed to Anderson's good season as evidence of it.  I don't really agree with that, and I agree with you that the rules changes have benefited a lot of different passing attacks.

Alex Smith is not a bad QB, but he also isn't a great one. 

Cam may not be either, yet, but he is in elite company and I would not be surprised if in the next couple seasons pretty much everyone is finally putting him in the same category as some of the people he currently shares records with.

Yeah that may be a bit much, but I'm feeling good after this game so meh! :P

We've all seen what happens when you take an Andy Reid QB out of his system :lol:

Posted

Deadskins and Bobby Griffin, lol.

I'm gonna help with this one because I heard this earlier and I'm not gonna take credit but use it as you see fit...

RG 0&3

You're welcome.

1 person likes this

Posted

LOL...what does he need to admit???

That Newton passed for 223 yards and competed 55% of his passes???

Those are Alex Smith numbers.

Yardage is a useless stat. Cam put 24 points on the board. Those are not Alex Smith numbers. Sorry, you lose.

Posted

I'm gonna help with this one because I heard this earlier and I'm not gonna take credit but use it as you see fit...

RG 0&3

You're welcome.

Ironically I first heard that on espn, I haven't stopped laughing since.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thing is, Frank Garcia could suit up right this second and be better than Byron Bell...