Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

Cam can't read defenses- Cam Newton Presser

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
103 replies to this topic

#13 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:55 AM

I was at the game today. Some of those routes take way too damn long to develop. Cam is sitting back there ready to chuck it downfield and our guys don't have their heads turned...they are still finishing their routes. And they already have plenty of space to make a play

During other games on TV it just looks like he's holding it too long....but you can't see the WRs on screen...

Point being the routes take too long. Cam is ready to fire it but he has to wait...

Exactly what I've been trying to tell people

#14 Former Bill On Vacation

Former Bill On Vacation

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

Keekly is better at reading offenses than Newton is at reading defenses.

#15 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:11 AM

Can the Haters, now spend more of their time talking about the two guys WHO REALLY CAN'T READ DEFENSES (Kaep, RG3), relying on all type of gimmicks, motion, misdirection and their running games to succeed. 

And Luck is not that great at reading defenses as well. However, at least he carries more of the load like Cam and Tannenhill. However, the Colts recognize this, and are incorporating more of their run game to balance off Luck. 

#16 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

I think we all know why.

I'm just going to go ahead and say it. Part of it is racism and the negative perception the media puts around Cam. How everything is his fault, all he can do is run, leadership issues blah blah blah. ESPN wants Luck to be the golden boy, Wilson to be Brees 2.0, and RG 0&3 to be the signature black QB. Where does that leave Cam? The bad guy that causes problems.

I literally wanted to throw up reading the article comparing the young QBs. One stat compared their intelligence. How the fug does anyone know how smart they are? Mark Sanchez might be a fuggin  genius but a shitty QB. No one knows that kind of thing and having the audacity to speculate it in a professional article is ridiculous.

But I'll say this.  Cam may not have had the amazing QB rating CK and RGIII had their rookie year. But he also has never had play calling that protected him. Everything has been put on the shoulders of Cam to perform day 1. No gimmicks, no retarded motions, no BS pistol formations, no relying on roll outs, just Cam being put in the pocket to set his feet and throw, or take off and make a play. We don't even rely on read option that much and Cam doesn't need it to succeed.

Cam is the real deal and rest are trying to upstage him. Except Wilson, he is actually good.

If I could give you 3-5 pies for this post, I would!!  :thumbsu:  :goodjob:  :thumbsu:

#17 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

I think we all know why.

I'm just going to go ahead and say it. Part of it is racism and the negative perception the media puts around Cam. How everything is his fault, all he can do is run, leadership issues blah blah blah. ESPN wants Luck to be the golden boy, Wilson to be Brees 2.0, and RG 0&3 to be the signature black QB. Where does that leave Cam? The bad guy that causes problems.

I literally wanted to throw up reading the article comparing the young QBs. One stat compared their intelligence. How the fug does anyone know how smart they are? Mark Sanchez might be a fuggin  genius but a shitty QB. No one knows that kind of thing and having the audacity to speculate it in a professional article is ridiculous.

But I'll say this.  Cam may not have had the amazing QB rating CK and RGIII had their rookie year. But he also has never had play calling that protected him. Everything has been put on the shoulders of Cam to perform day 1. No gimmicks, no retarded motions, no BS pistol formations, no relying on roll outs, just Cam being put in the pocket to set his feet and throw, or take off and make a play. We don't even rely on read option that much and Cam doesn't need it to succeed.

Cam is the real deal and rest are trying to upstage him. Except Wilson, he is actually good.

i agree especially the last line. wilson is legit. he is my second favorite qb to watch behind cam, and like cam he just makes plays out of his ass.

#18 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

Keekly is better at reading offenses than any other defensive player in the league and better than all but a couple Qbs in the league at reading defenses.

thanks.
 i agree.

#19 Former Bill On Vacation

Former Bill On Vacation

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:31 AM

thanks.
 i agree.

Not what I said but I wont disagree.  I think Keekly is HOF bound as long as he stays healthy.

The second play of the game where he made his read, called it out and blew through the los for the tackle was amazing stuff.

#20 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:47 AM

Not what I said but I wont disagree.  I think Keekly is HOF bound as long as he stays healthy.

The second play of the game where he made his read, called it out and blew through the los for the tackle was amazing stuff.

did you also see cam call an audible at the line of scrimmage and make the right read for a first down. pretty "amazing stuff"

#21 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:04 AM

did you also see cam call an audible at the line of scrimmage and make the right read for a first down. pretty "amazing stuff"

Cam was definitely calling audibles yesterday.  Saw it multiple times.

Ain't it odd how much better he plays when his coordinator "allows" him to check out of a bad play?  AMAZING!

#22 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

The people who say cam can't read defenses should really watch, it starts at around the 7:25 mark.

Oh, and he stares down his receivers.

That's why all those highly paid cornerbacks in the league keeping picking off all... ummmmm... two of his interceptions?

#23 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:12 AM

My concern with Cam has never been his ability to play or read defenses. It's always been the foot work. Allowing Cam to be Cam, which Shula did yesterday, help cover the few flaws he has. Better footwork and I won't have anything negative to say about Cam except that I haven't been invited to his next party.

#24 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:32 AM

Keekly is better at reading offenses than Newton is at reading defenses.

go back and enjoy your fluke win from last week.  it will be the highest point of your season.  losing to Buffalo is flat out embarrassing.