Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolina-Chuck's 2014 Mock Off-season

30 posts in this topic

Posted

My preference would be to go OLine and take the best T or G available in the first.

You saw what a great D Line did for our patchwork DB's.

Always start with the trenches and everyone else benefits.

Basing on a great performance yesterday, I have faith that we can make the playoffs this season. With that said, we won't be positioned to take a Matthews/Kouandjio/Lewan. The two best OGs are Richardson and Jackson. We could very well go with either one and I would love it, but I'm not so sure Gman would wanna go with a Guard in the first. I would be thrilled if we can land Seantrel Henderson in the 2nd round. His upside is so huge and the talent is there. He pretty much dominated Bjoern Werner (2013 1st rounder) in the video I posted above.

And yes, we all saw what our Dline did yesterday for our patchwork DBs but do you really want to cross you fingers every week that it'll work. There's a problem at the cb position so mind as well "fix" it. I don't wanna act like there's no problem there hoping the Dline can make up for the lack of production.

Posted

is ****** censored?

?

Posted

I think we are still going to be lucky to get to 10-6 and with that record, we will have an outside chance at one of those top 3 OT's.

There will be a couple QB's taken and then the Clowney sweepstakes will make it a bit crowded at the top.

I am thinking our draft spot will be around 20.  Anyway, I would hope we could get one of those three and park him at RT his first season, which would conicidently be Gross' last by my estimation.

Posted

?

the word sn@tch is censored

Posted

Devante Parker will shoot up the board. he is one of my favorite prospects this season.(besides Moncrief) when TeddyB is in trouble he just lobs the ball up for Parker to ****** it out the air.

Yes I agree and I said it above that he may go earlier than the 4th.

But, I have him here in the fourth bc even though we as fans like to think that some prospects will shoot up the board, they just don't. We saw it with this past draft. A lot of the prospects we thought highly of became late rounders and some not even drafted at all. I could name about 15 prospects off the top of my head that either went later in the draft or became UDFA that many fans on here like myself and you all liked. Parker is intriguing but I would not be surprised if he go early, middle, later in the draft, or even UDFA. We just can't see inside a Gm's head.

Posted

the word sn@tch is censored

Where's "******"?

Posted

Like this A lot , only thing i'd take Ifo over Verrett.

Get that lockdown corner for the front 7, makes them very nasty.  Even the mobile guys like Russell and Manuel will have a hard time because they will not be able to rely on their #1 to bail them out while there scrambling for their lives.

Henderson has a ton of potential.  Even if he doesn't look like he could cut it at LT hold onto Gross one more year and find that LT the next year.  Worse case scenario he ends up at RT and is a upgrade to Bell.

Yankey would be good but as we still have Kug who we just drafted this year and Amini didnt look bad at LG this week.  Also if a CB in this Deep CB class ends up falling due t the depth wouldn't mind gabbing another one.  Could have a Star/KK situation at the CB.  That would solidify us potentially the top D in the league.  

One of Fuller, Gilbert, and Diggs will most likely fall to the 3rd.  They would be a Good #2 beside Ifo especially with our front 7.

Wish TE Eric Ebron would fall to us that far if he came out, he probably make a nastier combo with Olson than the Shockey Olson duo Cam's rookie year.

4th Lemarcus Joyner,  concerns about his height.  Good player and athlete, if we grab the 2 corners in 1st and 3rd to go with out front 7, he could end up being a Bob Sanders for us.

FA.  Nicks would LOVE, it looking more possible.  With the giants struggling and him not getting the ball much his price tag will drop a little.  Hopefully Ginn gets good enough where we could move smitty to the slot with Nicks Ginn on the outside. 

Wouldn't mind resigning Wharton for 1 more year if we can get him super cheap again just to Work with Kug and Amini, both guys with loads of potential but pretty raw.  Another season with a pretty good vet and we may end up seeing them fulfill their potential.

1 person likes this

Posted

Like this A lot , only thing i'd take Ifo over Verrett.

Get that lockdown corner for the front 7, makes them very nasty.  Even the mobile guys like Russell and Manuel will have a hard time because they will not be able to rely on their #1 to bail them out while there scrambling for their lives.

Henderson has a ton of potential.  Even if he doesn't look like he could cut it at LT hold onto Gross one more year and find that LT the next year.  Worse case scenario he ends up at RT and is a upgrade to Bell.

Yankey would be good but as we still have Kug who we just drafted this year and Amini didnt look bad at LG this week.  Also if a CB in this Deep CB class ends up falling due t the depth wouldn't mind gabbing another one.  Could have a Star/KK situation at the CB.  That would solidify us potentially the top D in the league.  Wish TE Eric Ebron would fall to us that far if he came out, he probably make a nastier combo with Olson than the Shockey Olson duo Cam's rookie year.

FA.  Nicks would LOVE, it looking more possible.  With the giants struggling and him not getting the ball much his price tag will drop a little.  Hopefully Ginn gets good enough where we could move smitty to the slot with Nicks Ginn on the outside. 

Wouldn't mind resigning Wharton for 1 more year if we can get him super cheap again just to Work with Kug and Amini, both guys with loads of potential but pretty raw.  Another season with a pretty good vet and we may end up seeing them fulfill their potential.

Agree with everything you said. There's a lot of other options to go with. I just decided on this one.

I love Ifo very much too. I think he's going to be something good and he does have better size than Verrett. Me personally, I think Verrett will be a better corner than Ifo in the NFL, but I do think that Ifo will be taken ahead of Verrett (top15) due to his size. I think the knock on Verrett's size will push him down a little. With yesterday spectacular performance I am assuming/hoping that we will make the Playoffs, so that's why I have Verrett to us; somewhere in the 20s.

"Henderson has a ton of potential.  Even if he doesn't look like he could cut it at LT hold onto Gross one more year and find that LT the next year."

(exactly what I was going after)

I assume that Nicks is the top choice for all Carolina's fans, but even if he is out of the question there are other good options. Maclin would probably get more attention if hadn't for his ACL injury. But one name that I really like that many might scratch their head on is Kenny Britt. Britt is an incredible player and easily one of the top receiver in the NFL if he have a more production QB. Britt comes with a lot of red flags, but he's been pretty quiet thus far. He's sure is trying to set himself up for some money next year. James Jones is also another name out there.

Posted

The CB seems a step behind the WRs when in man going across the field. 

Would love the OT from Miami. 

Sign Nicks and dedicate the first 3 picks to OL and DBs. 

Posted

I thought we weren't expected Gross back.  Didn't he readjust his contract to practically guarantee a release at the end of this year? 

Posted

Not bad. I'd too would draft Seantrel Henderson in the second round as well. He's been a disappointment for The U as a five-star recruit but there's been a flash here and there. Henderson shows up and impresses when The Hurricanes need him the most (i.e. against The Gators a couple weeks ago).

My top three would look like this at the moment:

1.) Eric Ebron TE (North Carolina)

2.) Seantrel Henderson OT (Miami)

3.) Terrance Mitchell CB (Oregon)

1 person likes this

Posted

I thought we weren't expected Gross back.  Didn't he readjust his contract to practically guarantee a release at the end of this year? 

Yea, something like that. He could become a free agent. Seen that Gross have been thinking of retiring after the season too. Depend on a good/bad season, this may potentially be his last season. If he's gone, we could mind as well us that money on another veteran OT: Monroe, Oher, Saffold, Veldheer. I dont believe these guys will get anything more than what Jake Long got this past offseason.