Photo
- - - - -

This Player/Coach (fill in the blank threads). Whoa, Johnny! Hold your horses!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#13 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

Rivera makes mistakes and sometimes coaches too much by the book.  But I suspect that every player knew that if they lost Rivera's job could be at stake.  I think they won it not only for themselves but for him as well.  Maybe it is me but any coach who instills that kind of loyalty and effort out of his troops might be worth holding on.  It remains to be seen if we were that good or the Giants were that bad.  Still the players want to play for Rivera and believe in him which has to count for quite a bit. 

#14 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

I'm worried that Rivera will revert back to his conservative mentality now that he feels somewhat secure.

Until he proves otherwise consistently, I can't feel particularly confident about him.

#15 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

Yeah, I fell ya people. But, remember, I didn't just create this thread about Rivera (though he is perhaps easily the one that evokes such extremes), this thread is about a lot of personnel on the team (including LaFell and Bell, etc.).  It's hard to believe in someone who has fooled you time and time again, but it's easier to give newer guys the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise (White and Lester). Moreover, we expect rookies to have a bumpy ride at the beginning of their careers---guys who have been here, not so much.