Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rap is getting replaced with techno/trance?

32 posts in this topic

Posted

You would willingly subject yourself to Macklemore, but shun every other hip hop/rap artist? Yikes.

I enjoy music with a positive message, a lot of people trying to be all thug is completely lost on me, but as I said before I'm not exactly a big fan of Rap and Hip hop to begin with, more of a Singer/Songwriter indi person myself, and that's practically on the opposite side of the musical world from rap. 

Posted

i'm probably the only person on the planet that thinks jayz sucks ass

You are not.

Posted

I never liked music growing up. It was never a part of my life. When I would drive in the car I would just sit there in silence. I was always the kid that never knew what the name of a popular song was or what the lyrics were to some stupid pop song. It just never interested me. When I did listen to a song, I primarily focused on the instruments and beat of the song. That being said the first type of music I listened to and enjoyed was classical. There was nothing but instruments and no vocals to get in the way. Just pure - awesome sound. The first time I heard techno I knew it was my genre. My college roommate had a huge library of songs and I got hooked on Infected Mushroom. Not my favorite artist now but it was something that really turned me onto the genre. It just made sense to me. Then I heard the first drop and I was sold. 

Posted

I like those REM guys.  I think they've got some potential.  

Posted

Yeah. You can stop the jayz slander right there.

He's got 99 problems, but listening ain't one.

Posted

Never liked Daft punk

ray-j-gif.gif

We aren't friends anymore

1 person likes this

Posted

i'm probably the only person on the planet that thinks jayz sucks ass

Nope, I fell off the jay-z bandwagon after Blueprint 2. I think all of his albums have sucked since except for the Blueprint 3. He just isn't the same now and I think the vast majority of what he's outting out is corny commercial fluff. I still consider him in his prime to be the greatest lyricist ever behind Pac and Big though (with Em being pretty close in his prime as well).

Posted

Nope, I fell off the jay-z bandwagon after Blueprint 2. I think all of his albums have sucked since except for the Blueprint 3. He just isn't the same now and I think the vast majority of what he's outting out is corny commercial fluff. I still consider him in his prime to be the greatest lyricist ever behind Pac and Big though (with Em being pretty close in his prime as well).

Big... L? Because definitely not Biggie Smalls, not an all time great lyricist.

Lupe's prime was probably the best lyricism has and maybe ever will ever get in my opinion.