• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 faultlessjoint

faultlessjoint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

I've been saying it all season, Davis has impressed as much as anyone on the team.  He is blowing blockers up and delivering crushing hits almost every play.  He seems stronger and faster this year than ever.  

The two plays that stand out the most were from the Seattle game.  Once, early on when the Seahawks were backed up at there own goal line and he just runs right through a guard, puts the guy on his ass and didn't seem to slow down at all.  The second was the play here Wilson scrambles (possibly designed run, don't remember) out to left.  There is no one on that part of the field except TD about 10 yards out.  He goes full speed and stops Wilson dead in his tracks.  Probably the best open field tackle I've seen all season. His closing speed and tackling form were incredible.

#32 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

Thomas Davis, Jon Beason and Luke Kuechely, seriously i don't see a better group of LBs in the NFL.
Well i don't care anyway, Beason, Davis and Kuechly belong to the scenery of my life.

GO PANTHERS!

Agree on paper, but Beason hasn't been playing so well thus far. Blackburn looked a lot, a lot better last Sunday.

#33 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm a good clown

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

Davis needs to move to weakside again. It is his best position and he only moved to accommodate Beason. No need for that now. Let Blackburn start at Sam. Beason needs to learn to play Sam as well or he really will lose value for the team. He needs to be a key back up and rotational guy for this year. Next year he needs to catch on with a 3-4 team and play inside where his diminshed speed won't be as detrimental. Feel bad for the guy.

#34 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

Agree on paper, but Beason hasn't been playing so well thus far. Blackburn looked a lot, a lot better last Sunday.

Obviously and sadly beason is still injured.

A healthy Beason is one of the best LB in the league.

Thomas Davis was out for 2 years right?

#35 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,450 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

It's funny this thread pops up when I am in the market for another jersey.  TBH, it was between TD and Keek, and I think I'm leaning more toward TD.

#36 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

Obviously and sadly beason is still injured.
A healthy Beason is one of the best LB in the league.
Thomas Davis was out for 2 years right?

Davis came back and played well. Even before he reinjured his knee the second time in 2009 he had like 16 tackles vs the Eagles in the 2009 season opener. Beason if healthy still isn't a very good OLB. He just can't play that position. Beason was mediocre playing that position in 2010 when healthy.

#37 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,369 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:38 PM

One of the most impressive defensive plays this season was when he was Mano y Mano with R.Wilson in the open field. No other defender around to provide assistance. Davis locked in like a missile and took down Wilson like it was no big deal. Showed pure speed.

3 ACLs. Owning Wilson

#38 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 3,202 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

Make no mistake about it bro... He has been blessed.

Sometimes God needs to humble people, sometimes people take control of their own lives and don't leave it to the will of God. We are all servants. Sometimes even believers tend to forget this. God has blessed this man and healed him so that he can still play the game he loves.

There's nothing wrong with people who disagree with my words and I'm not trying to preach a sermon... I'm just sayin'... I bet if you asked him, he'd tell you that he's blessed.

Sometimes life happens, accidents happen. It's when u hit rock bottom that life becomes really clear to a person. That's when you realize why there's only one set of footprints in the sand.

i'm not going to sit here and argue religion with you. but the things that got him through his injuries were will, determination and support from teammates/family. sorry, but being "blessed" has nothing to do with it.

edit: i forgot surgeons/medicine.

#39 1989

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

Love the man's old school approach.  

#40 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,263 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

I honestly think TD deserves a statue when he retires. He personifies Keep Pounding more than anyone I can name, and unlike Mills he actually played more than a couple seasons here.

#41 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

Davis needs to move to weakside again. It is his best position and he only moved to accommodate Beason. No need for that now. Let Blackburn start at Sam. Beason needs to learn to play Sam as well or he really will lose value for the team. He needs to be a key back up and rotational guy for this year. Next year he needs to catch on with a 3-4 team and play inside where his diminshed speed won't be as detrimental. Feel bad for the guy.

I agree with this, but I love how physical he is with TE's while covering them. Also I like having him run blitz from the 4-3 Under, both of which is usually done by the Sam more so the Will.

I think he struggles just a little getting off blocks at times, which is the only reason why I want him back at the Will, other than that, the Sam fits him perfect.

Him and Luke are the perfect pair of nickel LB'ers.

#42 thennek

thennek

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

I have to admit that I was wrong about Davis.  I never thought he could come back and play at the level he is playing.  Not only is he a great player, but from what I have heard he is an even better man & leader. 

#43 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

We'll have to retire his jersey and give him a statue next to mills, and smitty's

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#44 xclr82xtc

xclr82xtc

Battle of the Cats Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

As we tend to do as fans, we begin to take certain things for granted. I wanted to make a thread that would serve as a reminder of just how special TD is.

We all know what Davis has been through as a player and as a man with the 3 knee injuries. It swells my heart with pride to see this guy on the field each and every Sunday doing what he does.

So far this season TD has 25 total tackles a sack and a pass defensed. He's on pace for his second consecutive 100+ tackle season. He has assumed a strong role as a leader of this defense recently issuing the challenge to the DBs to make a play. Playing beside Luke makes it hard to stand out but any Panthers fan worth his salt knows what TD means to us.

Davis is literally a walking, nay, running miracle. We should be in awe every time he steps on the field. I for one could not be any more proud of this guy as he is a true testament to what it means to "Keep Pounding".

as impressive as it is, im more impressd by the surgeon

#45 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

One of my favorite all time panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com