79 replies to this topic

#31 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,385 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

Disagree. He is being used wisely. He isn't as effective as any RB in the league.....which is why other RBs have more than just rush yards. They have rush TDs, they have receiving yards, they have rec TDs.

Williams isn't what he was. They are using him MUCH wiser than Chud did. Which is good

the fact that we are even comparing williams to the top running backs in the league is a testament to how well he has played in the first three games. if you are looking for something to complain about deangelo aint it because he has been a bright spot 

#32 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,948 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

Who is complaining about deangelo?

ffs people

#33 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,303 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:45 AM

Both D-Will and J-Stew could rush for a 1000 yards respectively again.

2 1000 yard rusher isn't realistic.

Stewart would have to avg 100+ a game when he returns

Williams probably would still need to put up 30-60 a game in addition

Offense works when Cam is Cam. That means no sitting in a pocket and just handing it off....but him running and him throwing.

2 1000 yard rushers occurred when our QB play stunk and we tried to hide him. That feat isn't a good sign overall for our offense

#34 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,303 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:46 AM

the fact that we are even comparing williams to the top running backs in the league is a testament to how well he has played in the first three games. if you are looking for something to complain about deangelo aint it because he has been a bright spot

I am not complaint about him....he is doing a good job and Shula is running him smarter. Knowing what the can't do....

I just fail to see the need to suddenly start claiming he is a top RB in the NFL.....which he isn't anymore

#35 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,260 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:53 AM

2 1000 yard rusher isn't realistic.

Stewart would have to avg 100+ a game when he returns

Williams probably would still need to put up 30-60 a game in addition

Offense works when Cam is Cam. That means no sitting in a pocket and just handing it off....but him running and him throwing.

2 1000 yard rushers occurred when our QB play stunk and we tried to hide him. That feat isn't a good sign overall for our offense

Not true. Defenses these days are shifting away from great run-stuffing LBs and DTs/DEs for great secondaries. We'll be facing numerous 'questionable' run-stopping teams.

#36 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,303 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

Not true. Defenses these days are shifting away from great run-stuffing LBs and DTs/DEs for great secondaries. We'll be facing numerous 'questionable' run-stopping teams.

You are still asking Stewart to rush for 100+ a game, and Williams 30-60 a game.

When this offense is explosive and rolling.....Cam is heavily involved. We don't have the OL nor should our offense be dictated to trying to obtain that.

Maybe if Cam got hurt.....

in 2009 Double Trouble was our best and really only chance for success.....that isn't the ace anymore

#37 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:08 AM

i doubt he'll get much attention until he finds his way into the endzone.

bad thing for him in that regard is he's pretty much the 'between the 20's' guy. they've got other plans for other guys when they get in the red zone or at the end zone.

he has been really impressive, tho.

He will just have to get in the endzone with a bunch of long runs :-)      He has been close plenty of times this season, where just one more burst and guy and he was gone.  D'Will has that big play ability in him.  

#38 tjmurray

tjmurray

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:19 AM

Take a break CRA. Take a day off.

#39 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

It's good to see DWill doing his thing out there. He will soon get in the endzone. Thats not a concern to me. He still has that threat to take it the distance. I say keep using him the way we are. With a good passing attack and ground game, we will keep opposing defenses on their heels.

#40 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,303 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

Take a break CRA. Take a day off.

If I take a day off...no one would be overhyping someone when I returned? I'll take that one if you can make it so. Deal. Don't let me down bud!

#41 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,449 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:29 AM

not sure why it matters if someone is overhyped by other people.

#42 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,047 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

Having Stewart back will be a good thing. That one two punch was leathel for years.

He probably doesn't play this year.

#43 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,047 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

Awwwww this is so stupid and cute. Babbys first attempt at posting on the internet.

#44 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,537 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

I really wouldn't want to mess with the chemistry if Deangelo is lighting it up. Same if Stewart were the starter and Deangelo was hurt.

#45 tjmurray

tjmurray

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

If I take a day off...no one would be overhyping someone when I returned? I'll take that one if you can make it so. Deal. Don't let me down bud!

Smh, so who is overhyped? And why does it matter?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, Deangelo Williams, NFL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com