Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

If Star could somehow win DROY

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#25 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

Would be AWESOME if Star could give us a 3 peat at ROTY. Likely wont happen though. Everything is based on statistic. Star's production on the field likely wont show up on the stats sheet like the other guys.

Some early candidates atm:

Kiki Alonso
Zingy Ansah
Mingo
Eric Reid
Mathieu

#26 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

No doubt about the fact that Star has already shown he can be disruptive, and needs to be doubled. Although in and of themselves they are impressive. It usually is the stats guys that get the attention.

That said, if he can up his sacks, and continue to get those tackles for loss. He will get recognized. But, he may not win DROY. Hellz, he is already getting recognition. He just needs to add some of those eye popping stats to give us the 3peat.

It may all be well and good as far as DROY goes. But as far as I'm concerned. He has made our D-line better. And I can live with that.

#27 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

He should be under consideration if he keeps at even nearly the level he is playing at now.

The problem is what he is doing for this defense won't be reflected in individual stats but the stats of the defense as a whole

#28 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

I may just be having a brain fart, but are there any REAL good defensive rookies outside of D-lineman this year? I know Luke didn't come on strong until about week 5 or so last year, so there may be some good linebackers or cornerbacks that will show up big. But this may be the year a D tackle wins it...\

Ansah from Detroit is pretty good too, but he's at D-end.

Alonso is putting up some good stats.

#29 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

I believe 5 more sacks totaling up to 6 will easily make him a top candidate. Thats not impossible too. I've been keeping up with Star for the last two years at Utah and from my amateur scouting, I thought that Star was a much better interior rusher than giving credit for by some of the top draft experts such as Mike Mayock the man himself.

#30 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

Moderators

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

If that happens, our scouting department will be considered the best in the league.

It's not that our scouting department is that good, it's that everyone else's is that bad.

/national media narrative

#31 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

It's not that our scouting department is that good, it's that everyone else's is that bad.

/national media narrative

Our scouting dept is just that good in the 1st round. Outside the first round, we're just that bad.

#32 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

hurney magic