Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ESPN is gonna be pissed if we keep winning...

101 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Winning truly does cure all. RG0-3 used to be everyone's favorite. Now when you read the comments on PFT after a Bob Knee article, it's like 95% people telling him to shut his mouth and play ball, plus a lot of RGMe comments. I love it.

This! and people making this a 'they don't like Cam' Vs 'they love RG3' debate are idiots.

Posted · Report post

RG3 and Kaepernick are both flash in the pan type players, neither one will be around for long. I wanted Luck over Newton and even though I criticize Newton I am glad he is in Charlotte. I just want him to complete a higher percentage of his passes and cut down on his wild throws. Out of the five quarterbacks who all keep getting compared to I would rank them Tier 1 Luck, Tier 1.5 Newton and Wilson then Tier 3 RG3 and Kaepernick. If Newton can control his passes a little more than he is certainly in the best of the league talk. 

Looking just at passing stats these are the five players after their 3rd game of their 2nd year starting. 

1. 61.51% 664yards 6-TD 2-INT

2. 67.69% 663yards 3-TD 1-INT

3. 63.4% 975yards 5-TD 4-INT

4. 64.3% 798yards 2-TD 5-INT

5. 54.6% 689yards 3-TD 4-INT

Newton this year 59.1% 577yards 6-TD 2-INT

Luck and Wilson are playing at a higher level than Newton was in his 2nd year and you would have a hard time convincing anyone that Newton today is leagues ahead of Luck today. 

Why is Luck tier 1? Which part? Remove the team performance in your answer please.

Posted · Report post

Why is Luck tier 1? Which part? Remove the team performance in your answer please.

In my opinion Luck is more consistent and can match any big play that the other quarterbacks get credit for. I have Newton right behind him but his inconsistent play knocks him down a little. 

Posted · Report post

The media mostly talk about Peyton, T.Brady, Rodgers, Luck, RG3, Kaep. And when Cam start putting up big numbers and winning they'll talk about him too. In fact they're almost waiting for the moment. No reporter wants to write stories about the team that hasn't made the playoffs in a while. Cam have too much proven talent, he doesn't need anyone else to be undermined to prove so. In fact, Cam can relate to RG3 for obvious reason. This board is plague with the "I'm a fan of a team with a black QB so I get to bash every other black QB" syndrome. Just stop it. Can't wait to this board's opinion when the media fall in love with a Teddy Bridgewater in a winning team next year. Stop it, you're causing yourselves to break out.

You are a bigot who judges people by the color of their skin. I feel kinda sorry for you.

Posted · Report post

In my opinion Luck is more consistent and can match any big play that the other quarterbacks get credit for. I have Newton right behind him but his inconsistent play knocks him down a little. 

Game manager consistent maybe. Last year when he was attempting a lot of passes(and deep passes)he couldn't complete 60% of his passes to save his life. Now that they're giving him shorter and easier throws he's more consistent. In his 3 games yardage: 164, 178, 320ish(43 attempts, less than 60%) and he is not even racking up yardage on the ground. Heck, plug in Clausens in there he'd give you that. To RG3's defense, in wining or losing he still complete above 60% of his passes.

Posted · Report post

You are a bigot who judges people by the color of their skin. I feel kinda sorry for you.

Good cop out. I think you just realized you're found out.

Posted · Report post

That's not true dude. They're putting the ball in the air more now. All the crap people were saying Luck was doing and RG3 wasn't capable of doing, he is now doing it. Luck is now doing what RG3 was doing last year but without the rushing yardage. Talk about irony. The guy is accurate. The offense is more QB friendly statistically now. Stop hating. At least watch the games instead of feeling yourself.

This...isn't incorrect though.

A lot of RGIII's numbers came late game. He was under 100yards against the eagles until the 4th quarter iirc.

I'm not saying RGIII doesn't have talent...but why isn't he getting the same flack cam got?

Posted · Report post

A lot of RGIII's numbers came late game. He was under 100yards against the eagles until the 4th quarter iirc.

I'm not saying RGIII doesn't have talent...but why isn't he getting the same flack cam got?

The media made rglll the golden boy before he was even drafted, they made cam the devil incarnate before he was drafted. They gotta stick to their storylines man. Although they seem to be turning on rg3lll now that he isn't winning.

Posted · Report post

In the eagles game they were down 2 possession with 9 minutes left. That's not garbage time. The game against Detroit was well contested and lost by a td. Only the green bay game wasn't close.

The reason Cam is getting flack is the same reason Manziel will be hammered. Plus Cam doesn't have wins to remedy that. Not anyone is following but RG3 is getting hammered all over the media the last few weeks. Don't get it twisted.

This forum don't like when the likes of RG3 gets attention from the media while they mirror the media's opinion that Luck is at the top and the rest are bottom bitches who can't measure up. That's too hypocritical. And I'm saying Luck is the least talented of all of them. He is neither fluid nor that accurate.

Posted · Report post

The media made rglll the golden boy before he was even drafted, they made cam the devil incarnate before he was drafted. They gotta stick to their storylines man. Although they seem to be turning on rg3lll now that he isn't winning.

Well, Cam was partly responsible for that. He gave them a story to run with. He had to go to junior college to reincarnate his career.

Posted · Report post

In the eagles game they were down 2 possession with 9 minutes left. That's not garbage time. The game against Detroit was well contested and lost by a td. Only the green bay game wasn't close.

The reason Cam is getting flack is the same reason Manziel will be hammered. Plus Cam doesn't have wins to remedy that. Not anyone is following but RG3 is getting hammered all over the media the last few weeks. Don't get it twisted.

This forum don't like when the likes of RG3 gets attention from the media while they mirror the media's opinion that Luck is at the top and the rest are bottom bitches who can't measure up. That's too hypocritical. And I'm saying Luck is the least talented of all of them. He is neither fluid nor that accurate.

14 to 33 going into the 4th quarter? The eagles were playing really lax.

And I said most, not all. I know the Lions game was close.

Posted · Report post

I watched the entire Eagles game and most of the Green Bay game (didn't catch RG3 week 3) and the dude could barely complete a fuging pass until the defenses called off the dogs.  Especially not one downfield.

He was like 11/24 99 yards 0 TDs and 2 INTs before the Eagles got lax on him and pumped the brakes midway through the 3rd.  Then suddenly RG3 starts completing those little dink-and-dunk passes that the defense handed to him on a silver platter and it boosted his stats considerably.

The Green Bay game was similar.  The offense couldn't do jack poo in both games until it was completely out of hand.

Sorry, but the dude has been below average so far without having the threat of getting burned by the monster run game read option combo that he and Morris present which opens up his little signature dink-and-dunk screen passes which go for more yards than they normally should.

I said it all last year, the dude is overrated.  He has never impressed me as a passer.

3 people like this