Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I was watching NFL A.M. yesterday morning...

68 posts in this topic

Posted

RT by Panthers twitter account:

Strickland and Henson definitely have an attitude about that stuff :lol:

Posted

I don't know about you, but imo it's no knock against a RB for them to amass yards while milking the clock in a blowout (not that it was necessarily the case). It sounds something like this: "Yeah, that RB sucks. He got most of his yards when the defense knew he would be running the ball and were able to be hyper-aggressive in attempting to stop the run. He doesn't deserve credit for getting yards in that situation since it is obviously so much easier to get yards when the defense knows exactly what you're doing."

2 people like this

Posted

i like max. he's been doing good work

Posted

You mean Williams only got yardage when everyone in the stadium knew we were going to run the ball? That should be a plus and not a negative.

Posted

Yeah it's not like Deangelo, Cam, and Tolbert were running it down the Giants throats in the first half or anything.

Posted

What would Person have said?

Vacay

Posted

To be fair we wooped dat tail so bad 90% of the game was garbage time.

1 person likes this

Posted

well the last three quarters were garbage time so i guess he has a point

Posted

With NFL AM I turn down the volume and look at these legs:

58e09862206711e3a12822000a9f18f6_6.jpg

Posted

i mean we only did have 50 or so rushing yards in the first half if i remember correctly. with around 30 yds coming from cam. not taking anything away from d-will, he ran well and closed the game out, but some could consider that garbage time.

Is there such a thing as garbage time with us?   Last year we gave up an 11 point lead with 3 or 4 minutes on the clock.  We were up 23-0 against Atlanta at the end of the third quarter last year and had to hold on to win. I understand with some teams garbage time is when they get more than a 14 point lead but until we are up by 30 points or more I don't think it is garbage time for us.......

2 people like this

Posted

LOL

Posted

i mean we only did have 50 or so rushing yards in the first half if i remember correctly. with around 30 yds coming from cam. not taking anything away from d-will, he ran well and closed the game out, but some could consider that garbage time.

I don't know about you, but imo it's no knock against a RB for them to amass yards while milking the clock in a blowout (not that it was necessarily the case). It sounds something like this: "Yeah, that RB sucks. He got most of his yards when the defense knew he would be running the ball and were able to be hyper-aggressive in attempting to stop the run. He doesn't deserve credit for getting yards in that situation since it is obviously so much easier to get yards when the defense knows exactly what you're doing."

So exactly what does the national media want a team to do when blowing out the other team? Stay off the field and on the bench for the last quarter so it's not garbage time?

It's only garbage time when the losing team racks up yards and loses anyway.