Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darknight

Beason may not return to be a starter

he will not win it back here.

The job is Blackburn's to lose. Beason will not get healthy enough this year to win his position back. 

Maybe a little rotation but that's about it.  Beason will leave at the end of the season... he want to play

his natural position the mike knowing that he will not win it back here.

Have you guys forgotten that Davis guy playing at linebacker?  Don't count Beason out yet.

Microfracture surgery takes 12-18 months to recover from fully. 

Split time with Blackburn and Beason. Evaluate at the end of the season.

Well say.

Blackburn played ONE (1) game as a starter... and...it was against his old team, which he more then easily can recognize formations and plays ect... and we happened to win that game. How does that mean all of you jump on the Blackburn wagon? Just because we won the game? won 1 game? oh boy

He's a 9 year veteran who has started more than just ONE (1) game.

Blackburn played well in the preseason, and some of us recommended that he start over Beason.  So it's no surprise people are wanting him to start now.  My question is can Beason play special teams?  I don't know if he can run the whole field and cover on kick offs and punts.  If that is the case, I'm wondering if we should replace Beason with AJ Klein if Blackburn becomes the starter.  It's a tough time for Beason, but I'm sure he will get another shot elsewhere.

Blackburn is a consistent player. A lot can be said for that.

You don't know what you're gonna get from Beason anymore. And he's gone from the surest tackler on the team (not saying much), to a guy that misses tackles to give up big plays very, very often. He's always out of position - I think he's still adjusting to the new position, and I think his shoulder is still a problem. He needs more time to heal and learn. Right now, he's not starting caliber. Good OCs will find and exploit him. Alot of the Bills lose can be attributed to Beason's play.

It's not hearbreaking.. but it is sad.. He wants to be out there, but can't.. wanting to live but dying because your body gives out is heartbreaking

Jesus this thread got somber really frickin quick...

As you can tell by my member photo I am a big Beason fan but I think the best player should play.

I think Beason will improve as the season progresses. Right now Blackburn should start and Beason should spell him for reps.

bigjohn nailed it

No reason to split time. He's a liability when in the game. Give him more to to recover and try again next year. Though I don't think he'll be here next year.